Topgear Review Monaro - video - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2003, 02:47   #1 (permalink)

Topgear Review Monaro - video

its not a ford, but its interesting to see how the british find our cars. They love it. very good and funny review. Video can be found here www.jabbasworld.net/video%20...en%20Monaro.zip its 70meg so may take a while if your on dial up.
corbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2003, 03:13   #2 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Re: Topgear Review Monaro - video

Yeah, I saw it just now and I have to say it's a nice clip. Typical Jeremy Clarkson humour. It's a real shame that it was raining when The Stig took it out though. Would've been good to see it's dry track time.

I'm a bit confused about what car it actually is. They say it's a Holden Monaro but it looks like an HSV GTO Coupe. So what is it? They didn't like the brakes either and they also drove another "Monaro" that cost 70,000 pounds so I'm guessing this particular car was a normal Monaro with a HSV GTO kit. Anyone else think the same or should I put down the crack pipe?

Also, a big LOL at the license plate it had on it and the comments. Nice touch, and fair enough, too.
Off-white EL Series II Falcon GLi Sapphire (4.0L Slothmatic™) with K&N Filtercharger, Tickford Sports Suspension, DBA Longlife Gold (front), DBA Longlife Slotted (rear) and Bendix Ultimates all round. Driven by The Slothman™.

Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, or the Ford Forums Food Bandits, where cruising, eating and talking shite is what it's all about. Click here to visit the official (albeit slightly outdated) website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team GT Media
We love having 3FB Inc guys around!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 03:18   #3 (permalink)

Re: Topgear Review Monaro - video

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Toed

I'm a bit confused about what car it actually is. They say it's a Holden Monaro but it looks like an HSV GTO Coupe. So what is it? They didn't like the brakes either and they also drove another "Monaro" that cost 70,000 pounds so I'm guessing this particular car was a normal Monaro with a HSV GTO kit. Anyone else think the same or should I put down the crack pipe?
I think the story is that the vauxhall will use a near identical suspension tune to the hsv coupe (that is a vauxhall test car in that video), so they decided to bring a hsv gto over to test ride/dynamics.
corbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub