Towbar for Barra T-Series? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2002, 17:43   #1 (permalink)

Towbar for Barra T-Series?

In the latest Motor there is a "spy pic" of a Barra T-Series that looks like it has towbar, can anyone confirm that? I remember a while back there was some heated discussion here on FF about towbars not being available on AU T-Series.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2002, 17:54   #2 (permalink)
EA Falcon owner

wouldnt mind seeing a pic if anyone has one.

i dont know because i havent seen it but i think towbars look tacky on performance vehicles. it will probably be an option. someone might like to tow thier luxury performance cruiser in their luxury performance ford T- series

DAG-Nabit.com
FordLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 18:32   #3 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

The towbar on the car in the spy pic is probably for the dyno trailer thingie. Don't know the proper name for it but it's a device manufacturers use to add load to a car to simulate things like uphill climbs, etc. I think there's a photo of one in the same Motor mag being towed by a Holden.

As for the availability of towbars for the T Series, I think they should be available. Tacky or not, they serve a purpose and it would seem ironic that a beast with so much grunt wouldn't have towing capability.
Off-white EL Series II Falcon GLi Sapphire (4.0L Slothmatic™) with K&N Filtercharger, Tickford Sports Suspension, DBA Longlife Gold (front), DBA Longlife Slotted (rear) and Bendix Ultimates all round. Driven by The Slothman™.

Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, or the Ford Forums Food Bandits, where cruising, eating and talking shite is what it's all about. Click here to visit the official (albeit slightly outdated) website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team GT Media
We love having 3FB Inc guys around!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 19:25   #4 (permalink)

Well if the towbar is for the dyno trailer I can see no reason why they can't have towbars avilable as a proper factory (or aftermarket) option. From reading about it in Motor the trailer would put a hell of a lot more stress on the car than towing a boat or caravan would ever do.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 20:47   #5 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

i still dont see the reasoning behind putting a towbar on a T-Series. Its a performance, top end of the market street fighting car!!...not something you can tow your rubbish down to the tip with..or take a bloody caravan to Uluru!

yeah its convienant, but bugger it i dont want to see a t-series towing stuff around!

if some crazy bastard wants to have a tow bar..make it liek a $2k extra or soemthing!

its about time i get that off my chest

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 21:46   #6 (permalink)

Isn't the back end of the T similar/same as the Ford racing rear bar on the AUIII? I thought that there was a TB that would fit with that rear bar hence carry over to T series?

Probably have to cut some ugly as crap hole in the back and destroy it's clean line.
AJ's XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 21:58   #7 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

I personally think towbars do spoil the nice lines of a sports car, but it should be an option for people to have if they so desire it. Right now I have no use for a towbar but I'd like to be comfortable in knowing that if I ever do need one my favourite car will be able to have one fitted and supported by the manufacturer.

More importantly, if an SS or HSV is available with a towbar and the T Series isn't then it could cost Ford some sales because some people need a towbar.

Anyway, what's wrong with seeing a T Series towing a nice boat to the marina, or a jet-ski or any other fun leisure craft? It just shows that the rich bastard has taste!:yeah:
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 23:35   #8 (permalink)
"Bloody Beautiful"

Well what about the poor "T" series owners who have to go on holidays and like to take the "T" for a nice long cruise (it's intended purpose), and need to take the kids bikes.

I had a towbar fitted to the series 1, had to have a custom gooseneck made but no cutting and when its off no one would know. Spoke to the guys at Tickford and they could not see a problem providing I was not dragging the QEII around.

I know they dont look the best but sometimes we need to be practical and hell a car with that much go should be able to pull at least a decent size ski boat.
------------------------------------------------
TE50 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 23:44   #9 (permalink)
Copyright �2003

Quote:
Originally posted by 3Toed
...dyno trailer thingie. Don't know the proper name for it...
I think that is the technical name for it. :s6:

the house of grunt
Click on the above link to go to a site about my cars, old and new.
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 23:49   #10 (permalink)

Let them have a tow bar if they want one.
Its their car and it will stop the anoying little bumps you sometimes get from inconsiderate idiots.

Steve.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub