Toyota Forums...... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2005, 21:33   #1 (permalink)
XR Madness!

biggrin Toyota Forums......

Am thinking about buying a Hilux to park beside the XR6 at night. Would love to do some research through a good Aussie Toyota Forum similar to this site.

Anyone know a good site?

Ta
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2005, 21:51   #2 (permalink)

Re: Toyota Forums......

Had a look for you but couldnt find any, your best bet is to go into a dealer and take one for a drive.We have a 98 2.8l deisel hilux at work and its really good,uses bugger all fuel but is a bit on the slow side but thats not what a hilux is for.And it is true they are unbreackable!
Old 11-30-2005, 22:33   #3 (permalink)
XR Madness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVEN
Had a look for you but couldnt find any, your best bet is to go into a dealer and take one for a drive.We have a 98 2.8l deisel hilux at work and its really good,uses bugger all fuel but is a bit on the slow side but thats not what a hilux is for.And it is true they are unbreackable!
Yeah ta, i couldnt find any either (which was odd)
Am keen on getting a new turbo diesel 4x4 extra cab. Took one for a test and they do go well compared to the opposition.
Just wanted to know the insides out of it. U know, talk to people about ever little detail; what works what doesn't, improvement, stories from owners on their vehicals etc.
Surely there is a Toyota forum site around.......
Old 11-30-2005, 23:54   #4 (permalink)

Buy a Courier.
Falcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 02:37   #5 (permalink)
XR Madness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcus
Buy a Courier.
Yeah yeah........ i was waiting for that

Maybe if Toyota doesn't have a forum site then maybe there is a 4x4 forum around that covers all the vehicals?
Old 12-01-2005, 03:37   #6 (permalink)
old B - new B

i have had a few of the new hiluxs in for tint. the owners all seem to be very happy with them.

all surprised by the way they drive after driving the old models. i havent got to drive one yet.

i was never a big fan of the old hilux but the new one seems to be a totally new car , not just a tarted up version of the old 20 year old design.

i hope this new hilux is more rust resistant than the old ones.

i`m guessing that the hilux is the first of a new era of more refined , better riding , better powered , smart styled , jap utes.

one thing to be aware of if you buy a new one is that standard after market central locking and cruise contols will not fit on the basic models.
if you want these it might be worth stepping up the model range to factory fitted gear.
WWW.sunshield.biz
351cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 13:26   #7 (permalink)
XR Madness!

biggrin Re: Toyota Forums......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351cid
i have had a few of the new hiluxs in for tint. the owners all seem to be very happy with them.

all surprised by the way they drive after driving the old models. i havent got to drive one yet.

i was never a big fan of the old hilux but the new one seems to be a totally new car , not just a tarted up version of the old 20 year old design.

i hope this new hilux is more rust resistant than the old ones.

i`m guessing that the hilux is the first of a new era of more refined , better riding , better powered , smart styled , jap utes.

one thing to be aware of if you buy a new one is that standard after market central locking and cruise contols will not fit on the basic models.
if you want these it might be worth stepping up the model range to factory fitted gear.
Yeah i also hope they have looked into the rust issues. Have seen a lots of Hilux's with rusted chassis.

Well i did end up putting in my order for a '06 SR 4x4 Hilux extracab manual with heaps of extras; steel bullbar, towbar, steel dropside tray, 17x8 ROH Mags, 265/65/17 Cooper ATR tyers, front flares, snorkel. This will look like one mean truck

Bit of a disapointment to hear that the standard after market central locking and cruise contols will not fit on the basic models.
Why not?
Another big bummer is that the SR doesn't have than electric mirrors. Oh well, can't always have the class that the BA's have

Don't get delivery till mid January so will have to be content driving the 323 around for a while longer.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:20   #8 (permalink)
old B - new B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heef101
Bit of a disapointment to hear that the standard after market central locking and cruise contols will not fit on the basic models.
Why not?
the issue with the central locking is that they use a cable set up to operate the locks and the inside door opener handle and there is nowhere to conect the after market system to.

this is the same on all the 100 series landcriusers that dont come with factory central locking.
people buy the basic model (ex govt) to get away from all the carpets and flash interior that dosn`t mix well with mud and dogs ,etc. but want central locking . i did get a news letter the other day from a company that has made up an adapter kit but it dosnt look very strong.

most new cars use the cables now but they also fit c/locking to all the model range so its not an issue.

the cruise control is a simillar strory.
with the throtle being electric there is limited options to conect anything.possibly with some modifications to the pedal ??.

i do have a contact now (thanks to someone off here ) for a company that develops an electronic cruise control that hooks up to the engine computer.
dont know if they have one for the hilux yet.
WWW.sunshield.biz
Old 12-05-2005, 04:24   #9 (permalink)
old B - new B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heef101
Well i did end up putting in my order for a '06 SR 4x4 Hilux extracab manual with heaps of extras; steel bullbar, towbar, steel dropside tray, 17x8 ROH Mags, 265/65/17 Cooper ATR tyers, front flares, snorkel. This will look like one mean truck
should look pretty tuff

what colour did you get ?
WWW.sunshield.biz
Old 12-05-2005, 06:58   #10 (permalink)
XR Madness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351cid
should look pretty tuff

what colour did you get ?
When we went in to make the deal we saw a dual cab in sterling silver with the same extras that i am getting. That was it.....i wanted that colour cause it looked soooo good.
I also hear that the darker colours are harder to keep clean. If i'm as keen as i think i am then it wouldn't matter what colour i got...it's going to get pretty filthy anyway That's what happens when you get married and trade the motorbikes in... now got me a family car that i can still hit the dirt with
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub