TPG Internet - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2004, 00:47   #1 (permalink)
So Play Nice

TPG Internet

Anyone use these guys for ADSL. They advertise 1500/256 for $50 a month. Sounds good to me but was interested in anyone's experience with them.

see www.tpg.com.au for more infor if you are interested. I am just hoping I can get ADSL when we move at the end of the month.

Pete
OFR #23

Member - ATPS - Automatic Transmission Preservation Society

SVO Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2004, 01:45   #2 (permalink)

Re: TPG Internet

I have been with them for a while now, the only complaint i have with them would be their customer service isnt really that good. But apart from that very very very rarely have any kind of hardware problems. They have some of the best/cheapest, if not THE best, deals out there. I recomend them.

Do you realise that the 1500/256 for $50 a month deal has a 20gig limit where after you reach that you get throttled to 64kb/sec??

Cheers
weetbix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 01:52   #3 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

that sounds like a pretty good deal. we get 256k with a 10gig limit for $60 a month here and its dial up speed after that though (only managed to use 5 gig of the last months limit)
but the good thing with this WAS (still is for me = existing customer) there was no contracts and you didnt need a credit card.
Old 10-11-2004, 02:12   #4 (permalink)
Abuser of Charvels

I'm with them. Customer Service isn't great, but if you ring the direct Sydney number it's better. Their plans are good, I'll probably move to that plan soon.

Venom BA XR8 - 5spd - Leather - Premium Sound - 18"s - King Springs-SSL/SL - DBA Slotted Rotors & Ferodo pads
D.N.A.
FPV XR Owners Club ACT
Charvel/Jackson Guitars
Genebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 02:40   #5 (permalink)

I used to be with them, they're pretty good but just like everyone else said the customer service isn't the best, they always used to have MASSIVE ques and then wera hurry so they didn't spend enough time.
Old 10-11-2004, 03:08   #6 (permalink)

I used to be connected to TPG, but had big problems when they went down for over 24 hours. I am now on a plan with 512 connection speed and UNLIMITED download. The connection stays at 512 for the first 12 gig per month, and then slows to 256 after the 12 gig, but doenst cost a cent extra. you would be suprised how fast you use up 1.5 gig in a month, with all that extra speed, there will be a lot more downloads. This plan costs $64.95 a month for 512 speed, and $49.95 a month for 256. Either way, these plans are a lot better than TPG. The price also includes email addresses etc.

http://homesite.service.ozemail.com....xed/priceplans
RadEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 04:25   #7 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Damn, that sounds like an awesome plan. /me checks the site for hidden catches.

I seriously have to get rid of my 56gay...
Off-white EL Series II Falcon GLi Sapphire (4.0L Slothmatic™) with K&N Filtercharger, Tickford Sports Suspension, DBA Longlife Gold (front), DBA Longlife Slotted (rear) and Bendix Ultimates all round. Driven by The Slothman™.

Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, or the Ford Forums Food Bandits, where cruising, eating and talking shite is what it's all about. Click here to visit the official (albeit slightly outdated) website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team GT Media
We love having 3FB Inc guys around!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 04:52   #8 (permalink)
EFing Quick!

Wow and I thought Dodo had the best deals around. I mean unlimited is pretty good, but who ever uses over 12GB a month?

And what's with the pissweak 5MB web page space or similar for most broadband providers?
1995 EF Futura - Crow stage 2 cam & adjustable gear, K&N cold air intake, AU XR intake snorkel, Advance stainless steel extractors, hi-flow cat converter, 2.5" pipe, 17" ROH RT shadow chrome mags, Pedders sports ryder suspension, DBA gold cross drilled/slotted rotors, lowered 1.5", camber kit, engine + starter immobiliser and microwave sensor security system.

Teh funnay is now linked here!
Beefchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 05:19   #9 (permalink)
Yes, fords still kick

I use iinet they give you 12 gig peak, 12 gig off peak for $59.95 per month. After you have used these amounts you are shaped to 72k, which isnt too bad. One of my friends has TPG and his only complaint is the number of 'outages' which seem to occur.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:27   #10 (permalink)
EFing Quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordskick
I use iinet they give you 12 gig peak, 12 gig off peak for $59.95 per month. After you have used these amounts you are shaped to 72k, which isnt too bad. One of my friends has TPG and his only complaint is the number of 'outages' which seem to occur.
@ what speed?
1995 EF Futura - Crow stage 2 cam & adjustable gear, K&N cold air intake, AU XR intake snorkel, Advance stainless steel extractors, hi-flow cat converter, 2.5" pipe, 17" ROH RT shadow chrome mags, Pedders sports ryder suspension, DBA gold cross drilled/slotted rotors, lowered 1.5", camber kit, engine + starter immobiliser and microwave sensor security system.

Teh funnay is now linked here!
Beefchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub