TRESSPASSING? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2002, 09:28   #1 (permalink)
sickartist

TRESSPASSING?

I reckon most of you would have had some sort of similar experience to this, and it is automotive realted so check this out.....

I work night shifts at coles, and the underground car park for the shopping centre it is in, closes at midnight. If i work to midnight, or past midnight, I can't get down there in time to get my car out, which means I can't park there unless I finish at like 11pm.

So instead I park at the RSL car park next door, which is open all the time, no gates or tickets or even patrolmen (or so i thought!) I always saw the warning signs DON'T PARK HERE MUTHER****ER UNLESS YOU ARE USING THE CLUB - THIS PLACE IS PATROLLED ETC and for over a year, I did not see one guy in a security uniform anywhere near that place!

Last night I come back to the carpark at 1:30am after work and there was a security guard right in front of me! haha i had to make up some bullshit about how my friend was meeting me there (in the carpark???) and apparently he didnt turn up!

**** HOW MANY QUESTIONS DOES THAT ****ING IDIOT ASK? I have never reeled off so much bullshit so quickly, and was so waiting for him to charge me with something. We walked to my car, and I waited for him to **** off.

Nothing happend, but him askin all those questions was such a pain in the arse! I never can tell what these guys are thinking. He probably took down my licence plate anyways (I was the only car in the whole 2 story car park), so looks like I will have to park in the dangerous streets from now on!

Just wondering what are the laws concerning this sort of thing? What are the penalties for getting busted?

What if he sees me park my car in there again and walk off to work, can he legally tow my car or what?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2002, 09:40   #2 (permalink)
Well Paid, Trained Monkey

sickartist,

I've been a security guard at an RSL club in the past, so hopefully I can field this question to your satisfaction.

According to the Enclosed Lands Protection Act enacted by Federal Parliment, any person may be asked to remove themselves and/or their property from private or goverment property at the request a "controlling party" (ie - owner or security guard).

If you park in their carpark and they believe you are not a club patron, they can legally have your car towed off the premises *at their expense*. If they did this, they would probably try to bill you for the towing. If you refuse to pay, you have not committed a crime, but they may try to sue you in civil court.

If on the other hand you are asked not to park on the premises by a guard or other important person, and you still do so, they can have your car towed and have the police charge you with "Wilful Trespass". You need to have been told verbally or by letter though, not just by a sign.

Hope this helps,

James
Old 04-14-2002, 20:58   #3 (permalink)
sickartist

hahha thanks alot man!

jeez when i started reading your reply i thought YOU WERE THE GUY WHO TALKED TO ME! HAHAHAHAH sorry man!

but yeh i parked on the street the other night, guess it is alright! it just feels so much safer to be in a carpark.

i know they have the right to tell me to piss off, but its not like im taking up valuable parking space, the place never gets full, and i park really far away from entrance anyways!

hehe thanks for your help man!

anyone ever been busted for doing something like this?
hey OZORION did you ever bust anyone for this?

while we are on the subject, any other intersting stories youve got that happend while you were a security guard?
like maybe have to break up some people rooting in the car or what? hhaha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub