Tricky traffic tips. Add yours :-D! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2004, 04:04   #1 (permalink)
100% Speeding (when safe)

Tricky traffic tips. Add yours :-D!

Tricky Traffic Tips :

Imagine this: Iv done it a few times, probably had heaps of dirty stares at me, anyway. A 2 way road,60, 80 or 100 zone, Turning right from a side road onto it, theres no room to go for gaps in the direction I want to go, but no one going the other direction. The road has a dotted line, so after making sure no one is going to pass anyone (REALLY making sure no one will pass), I just turn straight into the oncoming lane, floor it up to speed and merge into the left lane :-)!! Has anyone else done this?

I've got lots of tricks :-D!
After driving in Italy, i have no patience and actually have lots of fun driving as its like a game getting the best positions in the traffic grand prix,lol. (Keeps you contentrating, and so, awake with reflexes ready for anything)

Another one is, yes its frowned upon, and well, I learnt it in Italy :-)
Theres a big line up of cars at an intersection(on a 2 lane plus turning lane intersection) going left from the left lane. They are often not going until pedestrians get out of the way, Well, what you do is drive in the lane next to them and pull in next to the 1st car waiting for pedestrians, then in fact you get to go 1st as the pedestrians are out of your way before the 1st of the turning lane cars has room. This can save you maybe a wait of 5 sets of lights....

In Italy people pass on 2 way roads even when there are cars coming the other way, they just go right down the line, the car you are passing stays about where it was, and the oncoming cars move over a little bit,lol. I couldnt believe that when I saw it! I must say i never tried, and probably never will (although i am quite tempted at times when there are slow cars in front, I dont think you could really try it here as drivers dont watch the road here and are not ready for anything out of the ordinary like in Italy).

Can anyone add some more traffic tricks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2004, 04:31   #2 (permalink)
EA Falcon owner

Re: Tricky traffic tips. Add yours :-D!

you do know that they are all to my knowledge illegal in australia. and that most on here will frown apon it.

i couldnt care less if you do drive like that, aslong as you dont do it to me.

myself i am to chickenshit paranoid that the cops are just around the corner to try doing something like that.

DAG-Nabit.com
Old 05-09-2004, 04:52   #3 (permalink)

minus the stupid bit. I couldn't and wouldn't do it. And wouldn't want it done to me.
Old 05-09-2004, 04:55   #4 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

i woldnt like trying to explain to the cops why you were driving like that.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:13   #5 (permalink)
100% Speeding (when safe)

Does anyone even turn left at red lights(where you are allowed), do a u turn and then go left (where you are going with a green or its a "turn left at anytime"type corner) to beat all the people (maybe hundreds) waiting at the lights?

I know a few people do this

I'm actually a little different in the way I look at people who try the odd "traffic trick", i actually think "nice move!" I'm quite impressed when people pull off a special, maybe gutter jump u turn or something :-)

Never mind me everyone, I'm a bit silly, wont harm or crash into anyone though :-) I'm carefully silly.
Old 05-09-2004, 06:35   #6 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

Hey thats a mad trick! (the left at a redlight then cross the lane to go straite or turn right).
Theyre great for red light cameras at late night when ur wasting time waiting for the light to change haha.

Looks like people here arent too keen on these "shortcuts" so ill leave my ones for another day maybe...

Ive never seen anyone but me and my freinds do the red light bypass. Glad im not the only one :)
Old 05-09-2004, 07:29   #7 (permalink)
{';'}

You have to remember, Italy seem to have a population that is full of decent drivers AND decent cars. They only recently increased the HWY speeds to... Forgot, 150km/h or something. I think it's safe to say that you won't ever see that happen here.

Just remember, there are laws for reasons. You're taking some pretty big risks for both yourself, and us, the public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
Old 05-09-2004, 07:41   #8 (permalink)
HSV

With these so-called "tricky traffic tips", people give excellent credence to the push to make it compulsary for all learner drivers to attend professional driving courses, that coupled with a visit to their local morgue to view the end results of ......."tricky traffic tips".

Regards.
Old 05-09-2004, 17:46   #9 (permalink)
SBR Supporter

A personal favourite thing to do.. though not a traffic tip really.. and it may get frowned upon here.. is mashing the brake pedal with people tailgate me. They **** their car on the towbar.. and have to pay for their car and whatever damage is done to mine....
Old 05-09-2004, 18:39   #10 (permalink)
***.boostedfalcon.net

I don't see this thread lasting too long...
AUII XR8 t/b & maf, ELGT snorkel
Lows
BA semi-manual shifter conversion
Electronic shift kit
4.11 Hydratrak LSD
AU thermofans
Explorer intake manifold
Contra 16x9 rims, rubber: 225(f)/245(r)
Custom cupholders
Chiptorque HP2 chip
illegal tint

ET: 14.78 @ 91.48mph, 137rwkw!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub