Trip Computer - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2001, 10:53   #1 (permalink)
European Focus Member

Thumbs up Trip Computer

Hello

Is there anyone out there with experience of the Trip Computer which is fitted in the 2.0 Litre Version of the European Focus as standard. is it any good? I have been thinking about trying to get it fitted to my 1.6 Ghia Automatic, is it worthwhile ?? any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rockape
Rockape is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2001, 14:33   #2 (permalink)

Wrong forum. Moving to the correct one.
Old 12-13-2001, 20:30   #3 (permalink)

Re: Trip Computer

Quote:
Originally posted by Rockape
Hello

Is there anyone out there with experience of the Trip Computer which is fitted in the 2.0 Litre Version of the European Focus as standard. is it any good? I have been thinking about trying to get it fitted to my 1.6 Ghia Automatic, is it worthwhile ?? any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rockape
Hello . Not sure where you originally posted this but I am glade it found is way here.

I must admit to being a gadget kind of guy myself so I am going to say yes. I have looked into puting this device into just about every car I have owned. It is a feature I think should be standard on cars that are considered to be machines of driving pleasure. My experience with these units is that the later version seem to be very good and surprisingly accurate.

They are a bit of a gimmick for sure. My advice would be to try and get hold of a tech manual or in touch with someone that has access to one and see exactly what you are up for.

At a guess the difference may be as simple as a BCM swap, but I am not 100% sure of the focus set up.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 02:12   #4 (permalink)
European Focus Member

Thumbs up Trip Computer

Thanks for your help,I have several enquiries on the go at present and will advise of the outcome, like you I am a bit of a gadget freak and thought that the computer would finish off things nicely in a car with which I am well pleased.

Thanks again

Rockape
Old 12-14-2001, 02:22   #5 (permalink)

Re: Trip Computer

Quote:
Thanks for your help,I have several enquiries on the go at present and will advise of the outcome, like you I am a bit of a gadget freak and thought that the computer would finish off things nicely in a car with which I am well pleased.

Thanks again

Rockape
Technically I wasn't much help, but I will be good for motivational purposes:s6:

Good luck with it and lets us know how you go. Pictures of the install would be nice to if you are able.
Old 12-14-2001, 04:29   #6 (permalink)
European Focus Member

Thumbs up

Thanks again will advise results and photo if poss;

Rockape
Old 12-14-2001, 13:19   #7 (permalink)

Your welcome.

Is the trip computer integrated into the main binacle or is it a stand alone unit either in the roof or in the centre console?
Old 12-14-2001, 13:52   #8 (permalink)
European Focus Member

Thumbs up

The computer fits into a recess in the dashboard presently holding a container for small change in my car.
I plan to get rid of that and fit the computer in its place if I can get it
Thanks again

Rockape
Old 12-14-2001, 13:56   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
The computer fits into a recess in the dashboard presently holding a container for small change in my car.
I plan to get rid of that and fit the computer in its place if I can get it
Thanks again

Rockape
Well I am reasonable sure that will be an easier way to go. Hell of alot better than having to disturb the main instrumention, and in the end it will look heaps better then the coin collector.
Old 12-14-2001, 15:23   #10 (permalink)
European Focus Member

Thumbs up

You are right about the appearance of the computer in the position I have described, I have seen a picture of it installed in the vehicle in which it is fitted as standard and it looks great,I am hoping that I will not be told that it can only be factory fitted at the time of ordering the car! I am waiting to hear the result of my initial enquiry.

Rockape
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub