Trip to the SMS - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2001, 09:03   #1 (permalink)
Rail Rider

Trip to the SMS

Greetings all I have just returned from the boringest motor show I have ever seen.

Nothing new and exciting at all, with the exception of the Pursuit Ute and the TS50.

I had a look at the world changing Monaro and found out it is a $60,000 Executive with 2 doors missing. The only feature that it had was the Holden Assist and that is mounted on the interior rearview mirror and the wire was wraped in isulation tape dangaling from the hood lining. The thing didn't even have climate control! If Holden fans go for this thing so be it, but I know it is nothing great.

The Ford stand was allright but not great, the whole T3 range should have been there. The video display(the big one on the wall) Ford should be showing alot more local content with the V8 Supercars and past Bathurst victories eg 1977 finish. F1 or Indy doesn't relate to the Falcon. Video's of skiing and motor cross, what was that? Give the image that the Falcon is all Aussie, like (dare I say it) Holden, Showing nothing but the product on display, local motorsport. I know GP said that you are talking to yourself with Motorsport, but you gotta relalise that it is very influential. Ford need to show the product in action sounds and sites of it. That goes for it's TV ads too!

And get rid of the F series it a waste of time. I saw that F250 there and read the info board. The thing only carries 1.08tonnes! $70,000 for a over grown ute! I might aswell just go out and get a Falcon ute with a tray for half the price.

OK enough of the winging :p

The new TS50 is great and so is the Pursuit Ute, this is what Ford should have done earlier. I got lots of happy snaps to tak to bed with me...hehe

Ok I'm done...lol

Old 10-13-2001, 09:39   #2 (permalink)

Ummm A 2WD 5.4L 5speed F250 can carry 1800kg in the tray and tow 3500kg.
A 7.3L Diesel F350 can carry 2000kg in the tray and also tow 3500kg.

The payload rating just depends on the model....

Plus a Falcon Ute wont be much good to you if you need to go offroad :p

Oh and btw, that 3500kg rating is restricted due to our silly towing laws(??). In the US a F350 can tow up to 6500kg....
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 09:46   #3 (permalink)
Rail Rider

Thats more like it, some one put the 8 in the wrong spot. (1,080Kg)
Old 10-13-2001, 13:52   #4 (permalink)
BSR

A few of us are heading in today.........im not sure which i am most excited about, seeing the TS50 or hearing the Mr Sparkles story from the man himself:D

12/03 FPV GT 725
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 22:30   #5 (permalink)
RACE

Just got back from the show. And yes the TS50 looks hot in the metal as it does in the pics. Quite liked the new Explorer too,the funniest thing was when I went through the Holden stand :eek: and watching a bloke trying to shut the door on the gold Mon*#o (just can't bare to type it) it took him three attempts, the third was a slam! He walked away shaking his head.
Old 10-13-2001, 23:39   #6 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by RATT
watching a bloke trying to shut the door on the gold Mon*#o (just can't bare to type it) it took him three attempts, the third was a slam! He walked away shaking his head.
Good to see Holden living up to their usual high quality standards!! :rolleyes:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 00:11   #7 (permalink)
The Third Power

not sure what cv8 (dont like the monaro monica) you were looking at but they come with climate control. its more of a calais spec then exec.
strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 00:37   #8 (permalink)

Besides with all those people hanging off the doors it is understandble they dont shut.

The TS50 looked nice pity it doesnt have a bit more grunt, colour was the best there.
AV GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 01:08   #9 (permalink)
Rail Rider

I looked a 6 Monaro's and none of them had climate control, still had the oven knobs for thr air con/ heater, all CV8's

The door thingy is the amount of rubber Holden have put around the door so it will seal with extended doors, cause I noticed that too. If the doors can't handle a few people hanging off them what going to happen in a year anyway? Was talking to a few people at the holden stand most were happy with it, but expected more for the money. Talking to my dad he was saying the HQ monaro's were $1000 more for a 6 and $1500 for a V8 over the base price of $4000. Thats about quater so the new monaro should only be about $8000 more not $25,000 over a $32,000 Executive.

VX SS How much grunt were you expecting out of the T3's? it might be 5Kw lower than the ls1 but the ol' winsor makes it up in torque(which is better when at the lights :D )

The whole show was a let down for me.
Old 10-14-2001, 02:02   #10 (permalink)
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks

Thumbs up

Yep, may not have 300kw but got nearly the same torque and weighs a fair bit less, and don't forget superior traction of the line. I might be putting my neck on the line but i reckon a TS50 or TE50 manual could equal or even beat a HSV GTS! Would'nt that be great if Motor Mag can get better times out of the T3's that the GTS!!! I'm hoping, anyway!!!!!!!!
HP Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub