Triple M Go Kart Race.. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2003, 04:36   #1 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

mad Triple M Go Kart Race..

x 1000 = me at this point in time..

Take time to read my rant (whinge) session...

Won a spot in Triple M's Radio Control Freaks go kart race at Ace Karts in Sunshine.. which was all well and good...

So I turned up for it yesterday, with 120 other comp winners..the overall winner got to race a kart at the AGP..

Well all drivers did qualifying, I managed to get the best time overall by a tenth ( I have a bit of karting experience ). So I was nerviously confident going into the second round of qualifying for the top 30 drivers..

Second round of qualifying got the best 15 drivers to race in the final. The kart I got didn't handle quite as well, still managed 3rd on the grid.

So the final race started, after two laps i'd hustled my way to the front and had established a clear lead. I was bloody rapt..couldn't see myself getting overtaken..

Then one of the slower guys hit a barrier..he was okay, still - red flags out to stop the race. We all stopped on the straight as instructed. A few minutes later we were waved to slowly restart. Or so I thought.. apparently we were signalled to stop at the starting grid, however I interpreted the grid marshall's hand signals as meaning 'slowly continue the race'... so I kept driving, turned around to see who was behind me - only to see the whole field stopped at the grid...

SO i did a lap and came back and was put to the back of the grid! After all that hard work, I had to do the re-start from the back of the grid all because I misinterpreted his hand signals. I was fuming at this stage.

Anyway, we restarted, still with a good 12 minutes left to race. I managed to weave my way up back to 6th after a couple of laps, within a few seconds of the front-runners..was looking good for a come-from-the-back podium finish..

But coming onto the straight, the guy directly in front of me decided to have a spin. being about a kart length behind him I couldn't do anything, had a huge head-on which sent me off the track. Felt a bit groggy from whacking my head on the steering wheel, had to stop in fear of having a serious injury. I was okay, just a headache, sore neck and swollen lip...

Words can't describe how friggin pissed off I am.. to be in a position to be able to race a kart in the AGP would've been priceless...

not meant to be I guess. I suppose I was lucky to even get a chance in the first place, but eh... there's always next time...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2003, 15:58   #2 (permalink)

Sorry to rub it in, but my friend won the drive...

lol..he text'd me today saying he is racing at the GP...in the MMM kart.
Full Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 00:22   #3 (permalink)

Sorry to hear that Johnno. Would have been awesome.
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 00:32   #4 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally posted by Full Monty
Sorry to rub it in, but my friend won the drive...

lol..he text'd me today saying he is racing at the GP...in the MMM kart.
Really? His name is Joel right? was speaking to him before the final race...good luck to him, he did well..
Old 03-05-2003, 00:43   #5 (permalink)
Movin!

Hard luck Johnno, i used to race karts too and a drive at the GP would of been a memory for life!
Old 03-05-2003, 01:57   #6 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Mate. We had our work "corporate bonding" exercise at the same place, I was winning by half a lap when I was cruelly taken out by my boss as I was lapping him. Worst part was I couldn't even get angry about it
I feel your pain.
Dreders is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub