Trucks need to tie down loads - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2004, 15:59   #1 (permalink)
Two Letters, GT!

Trucks need to tie down loads

I was heading back to my house driving along behind a semi. This 2-3foot piece of 2x4 fell off the side of the truck, bounced end on end afew times and slammed straight into the side of a Blueprint BA XR6 Turbo.

The Driver is damn lucky he didnt get killed as it hit the car just in front of his drivers side rear vision mirror. That straightened the timber and it wiped out his mirror and put some nice gouge marks in his door just barely beneath the window. One foot more to the rear of the car and it would have gone straight through his window at head/neck height.

The truck knew something had come off and hit another car because he started to pull wide when it came off, but must have decided to keep going. I took down his number plate and gave it to the guy along with my details. Bloody truckies.

74' Sandstone Biege XBGT, 351, FMX, Sunroof, Air Con, Power Steering.
Black EX-R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2004, 16:38   #2 (permalink)
Fully Sick Magna Driver

Re: Trucks need to tie down loads

Yeah some truckies couldnt give a damn if something fell off the back and hit another car/truck. I dont think they realize what damage it can do to cars, let alone seriously injure or kill somebody.

I hate driving behind trucks and cars that dont have a secure load on the back/roof because of the fact that something could fall off.
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 18:40   #3 (permalink)
www.radclan.com

damn lucky it ended up no one was injured...

damn reckless truckies

Liquid Silver 2001 AUII XR8 Ute - K&N Filter - T Series Intake - AU3 Clear Side Indicators - BA Scuff Plates - More details soon to come
xcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 19:41   #4 (permalink)
GEARBOX WRECKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black EX-R6
I was heading back to my house driving along behind a semi. This 2-3foot piece of 2x4 fell off the side of the truck, bounced end on end afew times and slammed straight into the side of a Blueprint BA XR6 Turbo.

The Driver is damn lucky he didnt get killed as it hit the car just in front of his drivers side rear vision mirror. That straightened the timber and it wiped out his mirror and put some nice gouge marks in his door just barely beneath the window. One foot more to the rear of the car and it would have gone straight through his window at head/neck height.

The truck knew something had come off and hit another car because he started to pull wide when it came off, but must have decided to keep going. I took down his number plate and gave it to the guy along with my details. Bloody truckies.
My BA GT-P had done 1500k's when a steel can came of the back of a truck straight onto the middle of my bonnet,nice dent and scratches as it headed over the roof.

I know how he feels,Careless F$%^#&S

"Hate it or love it,the underdog's on top"
Standard Headers and Rubber & More to Come.
04 Focus Zetec R
YELLOW GLOW XB GT
GT-P 738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 19:51   #5 (permalink)
SBR Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black EX-R6

My mother passed away in 1996 due to an event like this. She drove a '88 Corolla CS 1.6. Was driving to work, two lane road, 80km/h each way. A truck coming the opposite way was carrying a bumper bar or something from a 4WD.. a LandCruiser one I think. Open bed truck, not tied down at all. It fell off, and the person who was about to hit it swirved infront of her into the oncoming lane. She panicked, and swirved left, off the road, into gravel, where she lost control, the car hit a tree sort of on the side. It kind of bounced off the tree, into the oncoming lane. Three cars hit her head on at 80-90km/h. She hit her head on the steering wheel and went into a coma. Died a week and a half later in intensive care. Doctor's said even if she had survived, due to how she hit the steering wheel, she'd end up a vegetable.

Yes they should tie down their loads and the penalty for not doing so should be severe. Where are law enforcement officers when you really need them... that's right, sitting with a donut catching people for going 103 in a 100 zone...
Old 12-19-2004, 20:12   #6 (permalink)
Two Letters, GT!

This incident reminds me of one of our work vans. It was sitting outside an employees house when a truck went past. The scoop from a bobcat came of the turck bounced once and ripped the whole side of the van open. Damn lucky no-one was inside or that the van was there or it would have headed for the house.

74' Sandstone Biege XBGT, 351, FMX, Sunroof, Air Con, Power Steering.
Black EX-R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 20:22   #7 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

you'd be suprised that most of the stuff that falls off a truck, a driver doesn't know about it. My old man is a trucky and there has been times that a carton would fall off (after what he thought secured in a cage) and he wouldn't realise until someone drives up and tells him or when he gets to his destination.
But then there are truck drivers and other normal car drivers that don't tie down loads. Like the time I was on the Geelong freeway coming back from Avalon speedway. A lady had a box trailer and a mattress on top. I was behind her when the mattress blew off. I swerved and so did the car behind me but the one behind it copped the mattress straight on. I sped up to tell her.
Old 12-19-2004, 23:33   #8 (permalink)
in the chopshop workshop

i think the fine for an unsecure load in SA is around 1600 dollars.

i used to work with trucks and it aint that hard to tie sometihng down properly, i swear we got some real lazy a*s f**kers around it aint funny
Old 12-20-2004, 00:46   #9 (permalink)
Idiot User

Yea, I will not follow a truck, I will change lanes and go past but if I cant I back off, Id hate for something like that to happen to me. Some truckies need to be a little more considerate too. I was following a white station wagon along a highway and we were in the right lane as the station wagon was passing the truck, the truck started going in the right lane, and the wagon was forced onto a little traffic island type thing. The wagon driver blew his horn and after he did the truck was back in the left lane. I think that the driver was on drugs or was falling asleep because there was no-one in front of him and the lanes didnt end.

AMBROSE BACK II BACK V8 SUPERCAR CHAMPION 03/04
FORD AND SBR 1-2, 2004
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 01:59   #10 (permalink)
wasting money on cars

whats bad is when a piece of timber gets stuck between the dual wheels of a truck.when it spits it out its like a bullet.ive seen this happen
dicast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub