True Possiblity - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2003, 23:06   #1 (permalink)
JETPILOT

Question True Possiblity

Ok, i dont want this to happen but it is quite likely

In 7 years time (2003) the petrol prices rise to $2 or $3 as this resource becomes more scarce.

People will not be able to drive Falcons and big 6 's and V8's. Ford Australia will be stuffed. What good is the raptor when it drinks like an alcoholic.

For Ford Australia to survive we must produce our own 4 cylinder economical small car. We will have the all-wheel-drive and turbo technology experiences behind us. We can have an appealing FPV (name??? probably animal).

Then eventually petrol will be finished! what can we do??

Are we stuffed with raptor and Falcon.. just a giant waste of money
Johnno_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2003, 23:23   #2 (permalink)
2nd car....XR6turbo

While its true that petrol prices will most likely rise in the next 7 years, so will everybody's pay rate most likely, therefore crossing out each other and being in the same boat we r now. I don't think it will affect us too much and i think ford and holden would have done there homework. I think u will also find that in 10 - 15 years we will be running on electric cars that will have the same power as a current petrol car. (Here's hoping anyway!).
Old 02-22-2003, 23:26   #3 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

It's called inflation. But the government will probably tax petrol higher than the inflation rate, any way.
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 00:31   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

besides.. alcohol is a renewable resource.. makes less pollution than mineral petrol ... is cheaper to manufacture .. cars will make more power .. but then again .. we can make our own so the petrol companies really don't want that do they??
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 01:09   #5 (permalink)
EFXR62

Someone will invent a new petrol that runs in normal cars that is totally man made..

You don't seriously believe that the oil companies haven't had people researching this exact topic for the last 20 years? How else are they going to protect their multi billion dollar empires.

My theory is that the oil companies have already found a cure to the finite resource running out, but don't want to reveal it yet, or it is still too expensive, or in its development stage.
Old 02-23-2003, 01:22   #6 (permalink)
BSR Twin System (tm)

Quote:
Originally posted by xa-coupe
besides.. alcohol is a renewable resource.. makes less pollution than mineral petrol ... is cheaper to manufacture .. cars will make more power .. but then again .. we can make our own so the petrol companies really don't want that do they??
I rekon one of your farts would have a high enough Octane to run a car.

:s5 :s6:
Official BSR Website - www.bsrcorp.com
Poster of the 150,000th post!
BSR "DARTH HELMET (tm)"
Marcos Ambrose & SBR, 2003 & 2004 V8SUPERCAR Champions

****ADSLSUPERFASTP0RNPIPE (tm)****
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 01:25   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

top fueller fella ...... don't under sell me
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 05:01   #8 (permalink)

In the 60s they said oil would run out in the 80s, in the 80s they said it would run out by the millenium.
Some sources are saying theres atleast 100 years of oil left.

There are oil fields which were projected to run out as much as 20yrs ago but are still pumping out the stuff, and in some cases the oil is somehow 'regenerating'

Truth is no one knows exactly how much there is.

Once this Saddam BS is all over the price of a barrel of oil is said to go as low as half as what it is now.
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 09:56   #9 (permalink)
Early Ford Member

Quote:
Once this Saddam BS is all over the price of a barrel of oil is said to go as low as half as what it is now.
But the retail price of petrol will no doubt stay the same :err:
XT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 16:03   #10 (permalink)
Ford Member

Petrol will not just run out, it will however slowly increase in price as people become more concerned with it.

There are plenty of options, LPG, propane, methanol, coal dust, electric, hydrogen, hybrid, biodiesel etc..

I think ford Australia would be wise to invest in a Diesel power plant. It makes alot of sense.

One of my crazy predictions is external combustion will come back into fashion because of its emissions potential, flexability of fuel source, economy etc. But governments would hate it because they can't tax the crap out of its fuel system.

more than 50% of the petrol price is tax. This will increase to 60-70% over the next decade.

Ford would be well placed in the market with Diesel and LPG falcon varients tho.
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub