Truth be known - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2002, 04:38   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs down Truth be known

I've just recently come across this forum and for the most, good stuff!!

But the main thing about this whole barra discussion is that know one really has a f**king clue what they are talking about.

Questions like "who are your sources?" are met by these full of shite "oh my mate's uncle works at ford mate and he reckons that they got 250kw. Trust me I know."
Its just funny to read about how many of the posters swear on their lives that their prediction of power outputs/engine or model ranges etc is absolute, verifiable truth and that when the car comes out everyone else will be played the fool...

WELL SOMEBODY ON HERE IS BLUFFING!!!

Anyways enough of all that, hopefully the optimistic peoples will be right and you can put me down for a 240kw XR6T in acid rush thanks
subsbligh35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2002, 04:58   #2 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

The people who do know about Barra keep their mouth shut mate, that's why you'll only read rumours for now. Welcome to the forum.
Old 08-27-2002, 06:48   #3 (permalink)
On The Edge Of Adhesion

Quote:
Originally posted by RPO83
The people who do know about Barra keep their mouth shut mate, that's why you'll only read rumours for now. Welcome to the forum.
This is very true. These people want to keep their jobs, so I don't see why they would want to risk it. There are people such as Geoff Polites who visit this forum, and I don't think he would be very happy to see his, and Fords, well laid plans with the release of the BA to be ruined. Also the mods will more than likely edit such posts, which in the scheme of things is good, but may seem like a bit of a letdown but thats the way it is.

Just my 2c's.
V8RUMBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 00:54   #4 (permalink)
sittin on da weeeeeeds!!!

The reson why they tell you about "claimed power outputs" is to let all the ford fans(us),know about what they have heard fair enough some might be full of s**t.But some may be true and most of us appreciate anything we can hear about it.
Old 08-29-2002, 01:11   #5 (permalink)
Newest Member

It's a matter of believe it if you want. No one here has forced you to believe it... I mean like, theres a whole lot of talk going on about the prices for the new falcons.... this person says this... and that person says something else...

Believe what you like to believe... We all know that once the cars are released, there will be no more "it might be this... or that"
Tommy Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 01:15   #6 (permalink)
2nd car....XR6turbo

exactly right!!!!
Old 08-29-2002, 01:44   #7 (permalink)
Interloper from LS1.com

I know !!!

Unfortunately the 5.4 that has been so often quoted is actually a typo.

I reality the XR8 will be powered by a 1.4l engine in a joint venture with the Federal Government to cut emissions and fuel consumption under the Kyoto protocol.

The XR6 will be powered by a 600cc Turboed 2 stroke engine using Ficht direct fuel injection originally developed by OMC for outboard motors.

The top of the range T series cars will be using the same engines as the base models for environmental reasons but will be fitted with performance enhancing accesories like carbon fibre rear wings, Type 'R' stickers, small novelty toys glued to the dash and large "FORD" stickers obscuring the front and rear windscreens.
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 02:05   #8 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Wink

Good stuff Brendan,

no seriously, I thought these guys here are BSing but many things came out to be true:

the Turbo XR6 was a rumor, the 5.4 engine was a rumor, the stroked windsor for T3 was also a rumor hey?

Trust me mate:the XR6+8 will kick ar$e!! again, I just know things u don't,,muaaahahhahahahahahahahaha
Old 08-29-2002, 02:35   #9 (permalink)
Ford Member

If its a rumour or not, i enjoy reading peoples forums about the article. Most of things come out to be true. It also gets my hyped up to see how this time Ford will be a " true blue ford " and get back the peoples trust.

I changed this silli part here... Sorry mate, i know i got carried away a bit here, not a bit actually a lot. I shouldnt be saying crap like this, because of course every is entitled to their point of view. And again i appoligise subsbligh35 ..
EL-Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 02:36   #10 (permalink)
Ford Member

By the way, i didnt want to be that harsh to you.. So take it easy!
EL-Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub