Trying too hard???the limits.. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2004, 19:00   #1 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Trying too hard???the limits..

Hi have you guys noticed that when you put 100 % into alot of things that they dont work out??Or when you care about something it bites you on the butt?Depsite your best efforts/intentions and good energy that situations turn against you??AND....when you dont care that much or talk in other peoples best intentions that the best things happen to you???I have personally found that since chilling out that things seem to come to me without trying.Has anyone else had this???
useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2004, 19:03   #2 (permalink)
BOFH

Re: Trying too hard???the limits..

Always the way. I just relax now and let karma take its course!

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 19:06   #3 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Its funny though because so many times you go in search for something ..make plans and wammo it doesnt happen..then when you least expect it it happens.....I am heaps more relaxed since my big prang and worried i would have a hard time with business ..but it has gone through the roof....hillarious
Old 08-21-2004, 19:09   #4 (permalink)
known as tibbo

YEp.. i'm a go with the flow man.. Try too hard and Captain Disappointment seems to bite me on the ass..
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 19:09   #5 (permalink)
BOFH

The harder I try, the worst it gets. I have found that doing your homework, making a basic plan and enjoying the journey usually leads to the best results. If I get too focused or intense, it usually all goes to shit and I get very down about it. I'd rather just cruise along and enjoy myself now.

Old 08-21-2004, 19:15   #6 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
The harder I try, the worst it gets. I have found that doing your homework, making a basic plan and enjoying the journey usually leads to the best results. If I get too focused or intense, it usually all goes to shit and I get very down about it. I'd rather just cruise along and enjoy myself now.
me too..
Old 08-21-2004, 20:16   #7 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

yep im the same. if i try real hard or get too excited about something i have plans on getting it usually goes up in smoke. ive learnt to kick back and sit in cruise control and let things happen.
the only thing that has been successful and i was very happy about was getting my pano on the road before the easter break. see it was one week exactly till everything closed for easter and i hadnt even started getting the pano ready for a RWC so i went and booked it in for rego 1 week before everything shut so it could have rego on the last day before everything shut for the easter break giving me 1 week exactly to do EVERYTHING as well as having to go to work. i would work, come home and bust my arse everyday on the van and it didnt look like it was going to get finished especially come the last day and it was booked for rego at 3.30pm and i still hadnt put the side window in. about 2pm i tryed myself to put it in but i couldnt do it so i rang the window joint and they said 3pm was the only time they could do it, so i run down to where i was getting the RWC done and told them and they passed it WITHOUT the side window in as long as i showed them it had been done before 3.30pm. so im sitting there at 3pm thinking that the window would break or wouldnt fit as it had been cut from new and wasnt really the same shape, and thinking that this could undo everything that had actually gone to plan for once and then the guy comes out at 3.20pm and say "shes right to go!"
this is the only time i can remember where i had made (multiple) plans and had time against me and they all come together and i achieved my goal!
that was a great day!
Old 08-21-2004, 20:48   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Has anyone else had this???
You've just been really really lucky....so far
EmmCee
Old 08-22-2004, 00:32   #9 (permalink)
Now boostless :-(

yeah chilling out and not caring is definately the way to be! If you care and worry about things you only end up getting hurt and running yourself into the ground. Unfortunately often it's hard not to care about things and hard not to think about them all the time. Anyone got any tips on how to be carefree???
NAPARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 00:44   #10 (permalink)
BOFH

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAPARM
Anyone got any tips on how to be carefree???
Get married, have kids. That should suck the life right out of you!
With that achieved, plans and ambitions should be crushed soon after!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub