trying to work out how much a my car is worth? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2007, 21:02   #1 (permalink)

trying to work out how much a my car is worth?

hi,
i have recently acquired an xc sundowner and was wondering how much it ma be worth as i have had about 10 people come to the front door and ask if i'm selling it? im not but it might be nice to know how much she's worth (for insurance purposes). has very little rust and a few minor interior issues, otherwise a great car. we also have an xc coupe. the van was bought to use for parts for the coupe but after several people telling us off for considering it she's going to be another project. thanks
amy
amyxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2007, 19:22   #2 (permalink)
rvguy

Re: trying to work out how much a my car is worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyxc
hi,
i have recently acquired an xc sundowner and was wondering how much it ma be worth as i have had about 10 people come to the front door and ask if i'm selling it? im not but it might be nice to know how much she's worth (for insurance purposes). has very little rust and a few minor interior issues, otherwise a great car. we also have an xc coupe. the van was bought to use for parts for the coupe but after several people telling us off for considering it she's going to be another project. thanks
amy

Not going to give the model year? Mileage? It is worth what someone is willing to buy it for.
rvguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 19:11   #3 (permalink)

i'm not mechanically minded but as far as i know its a Ford Sundowner JG47 1977 6cylinder. well thats all i know without looking under the bonnet. (hubby has keys with him). as for mileage the guage is broken so we dont really know how much. i do know it has matching numbers though. so now that i've confused myself and probably everyone else, i'll go
thanks,
amy
amyxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 18:58   #4 (permalink)
rvguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyxc
i'm not mechanically minded but as far as i know its a Ford Sundowner JG47 1977 6cylinder. well thats all i know without looking under the bonnet. (hubby has keys with him). as for mileage the guage is broken so we dont really know how much. i do know it has matching numbers though. so now that i've confused myself and probably everyone else, i'll go
thanks,
amy
Don't feel like the question is a bad one because I, of little car knowledge, am unfamiliar with it. This is a European version Ford? I remember the Scorpio (read taurus but dam quick) by Ford in the late 80's in FRG when I was over there in the Army. Not many people in the States realize that Ford sometimes has different model names/differences for different countries.

Search the net. Sorry I can't help you.
rvguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub