Tsunami's - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2004, 14:05   #1 (permalink)
Bucknaked Is My Real Name

Tsunami's

We have all seen the events of the last few days. I know some of you are probabbly sick of hearing about it, but we need to spare a thought for those who are effected by the Tsunami's. At the time of this post 59,000 people dead. Its a great tragedy. Watching the devistation unfold on the TV, it's not easy having seen the images of so many people in their fight to survive. No doubt, those who were featured in news stories in the water, have been killed or at least, listed as missing. Images of the Indian father clutching his dead son, the rows of bodies on the ground, corpse in trees, buses and trucks is really a sobering reminder of the fury of mother nature. It's a sad sad day.

I have lived in Malaysia, and have been a frequent visitor to Phuket & Patong Beach for many years. We had planned a trip to Patong for May 05 before these events. Seeing those reports, I can remember swimming on those beaches, eating at those restraunts, staying in those hotels and walking those streets and meeting some of those people. Well most of it's gone now. And I'm sure, most of those people are missing feared dead.

It's a paradise lost. Visiting places like Thailand is a great experience. Haggling on prices for a pair of ripoff Bolle's, rolex's, $3 t-Shirts, shorts, dvd's, play station games. Sitting down at dinner to local dishes, kicking back with a few beers, heading down the beach to walk in the calm water, jet skiing and making the most of the nightlife. These are just a few of the things that make a holdiay to place like Thailand a pleasurable experience.

Lifes a pretty big struggle to the people of those countries, but now hit with a disaster of this caliber, its going to be a long road to recovery.

Anyway, I thought I would post this.
bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2004, 14:09   #2 (permalink)
in the chopshop workshop

Re: Tsunami's

yeah its not a nice thing to ahve happen to a cool part of the world.

im just glad it didnt make it to vietnam or is there something i dont know???
Old 12-28-2004, 14:11   #3 (permalink)
Bucknaked Is My Real Name

I don't think Vietnam was affected. I know Somalia was, which is a long way away, and i even heard that the waves hit the coast of WA, but no deaths or injuries or damage.
bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 14:13   #4 (permalink)
known as tibbo

doesn't matter to me where it happened, on the CNN live feed they quoted 60 000 confirmed dead with atleast 25000 more missing

Water born disease, no fresh water, no housing, it is a tragedy of epic proportions
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 16:47   #5 (permalink)
AU XR6 VCT 'WANNABE'

Damn . What's happening to our environment.
Old 12-28-2004, 17:07   #6 (permalink)
waiting 4, 2nd Grandchild

It's a sad event to have happen any time of the year...not just at xmas. It did hit the coast of WA but reportedly no damage.

I can remember like it was yesterday when Cyclone Tracey hit Darwin all those years ago. My sister was a lucky one...lost all her belongings but came through with the most precious gift of them all...her life. My poor mother was on the hotline all xmas eve, trying to get details. The pain etched on her face is something I will never forget.

We all get caught up in insignifigant things each and every day. We worry about terrorists, the enemy we can't see but who we think we know whom to look for, but really the environment is more a threat to us all than any person or group, but it is also the one thing we cannot stop. There was no way possible for anyone to prepare for a disaster of this magnitude. All we can do is spare a thought for these survivors and their families.

We can also become a more caring society by helping each other. Offer to push a trolley for the elderly or carry a shopping bag for a mother, open a door for a stranger. It doesn't take much to open your heart and be kind to all..
xrgran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 17:31   #7 (permalink)
Now driving an XF Falcon.

It's a sobering thing, for sure, and a reminder to us all that nature is much more powerful then we can possibly imagine.

Things like this show how petty some squabbles we have really are...
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 17:39   #8 (permalink)
mmmmm....kookyfudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknaked
We have all seen the events of the last few days. I know some of you are probabbly sick of hearing about it, but we need to spare a thought for those who are effected by the Tsunami's. At the time of this post 59,000 people dead. Its a great tragedy. Watching the devistation unfold on the TV, it's not easy having seen the images of so many people in their fight to survive. No doubt, those who were featured in news stories in the water, have been killed or at least, listed as missing. Images of the Indian father clutching his dead son, the rows of bodies on the ground, corpse in trees, buses and trucks is really a sobering reminder of the fury of mother nature. It's a sad sad day.

I have lived in Malaysia, and have been a frequent visitor to Phuket & Patong Beach for many years. We had planned a trip to Patong for May 05 before these events. Seeing those reports, I can remember swimming on those beaches, eating at those restraunts, staying in those hotels and walking those streets and meeting some of those people. Well most of it's gone now. And I'm sure, most of those people are missing feared dead.

It's a paradise lost. Visiting places like Thailand is a great experience. Haggling on prices for a pair of ripoff Bolle's, rolex's, $3 t-Shirts, shorts, dvd's, play station games. Sitting down at dinner to local dishes, kicking back with a few beers, heading down the beach to walk in the calm water, jet skiing and making the most of the nightlife. These are just a few of the things that make a holdiay to place like Thailand a pleasurable experience.

Lifes a pretty big struggle to the people of those countries, but now hit with a disaster of this caliber, its going to be a long road to recovery.

Anyway, I thought I would post this.
I can agree whole heartedly was looking at the footage thinking the same thing, we were going to meet freinds in Krabi (Thailand/Phuket) they were in Bankok on their way to Phuket when it happened they missed it by 1 day. They are safe and awaiting a flight home. I am sure they are thanking their lucky stars they were not in harms way.

kooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 17:53   #9 (permalink)
.au member

Certainly glad someone posted something up about this, id urge everyone who can to donate to an aid agency or do something to help.
Old 12-28-2004, 18:17   #10 (permalink)
Now driving an XF Falcon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Certainly glad someone posted something up about this, id urge everyone who can to donate to an aid agency or do something to help.
An excellent idea that, they certainly need all the help they can get!
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub