Twin-Turbo BA, what the?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2002, 04:24   #1 (permalink)
A Fully Sick " Can't "

eek Twin-Turbo BA, what the??

Now I don't know about you guys, but lately I have been hearing more and more about a rumor that Hilliers will be producing a Twin Turbo 5.4 Litre BA Coupe.
Now although this would be pretty and extreme, and rather outlandish I can't help but believe (a little bit) that this might be done. Rumor is it is going to be out and about for the Melbourne Motor show next year.
Now perhaps it's all crap, and there probably isn't much of a mraket for it (not to mention the cost) but it would be pretty damn cool to have it.
Twin-Turbo V8...got a nice ring to it...and it would pretty much woop that HRT427 Monaro's arse.
hehehe Hope it is more that just a rumor.

Old 10-26-2002, 05:23   #2 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Nice idea but where would the turbos go? I don't think there'd be much room for them. It's not like an I6 where there's lots of room on the side of the engine for it.
Having said that, I'd love to see it. And hear it. And drive it!
Off-white EL Series II Falcon GLi Sapphire (4.0L Slothmatic™) with K&N Filtercharger, Tickford Sports Suspension, DBA Longlife Gold (front), DBA Longlife Slotted (rear) and Bendix Ultimates all round. Driven by The Slothman™.

Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, or the Ford Forums Food Bandits, where cruising, eating and talking shite is what it's all about. Click here to visit the official (albeit slightly outdated) website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team GT Media
We love having 3FB Inc guys around!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 07:54   #3 (permalink)
Dual Exhaust Warrior

And own it....
Old 10-26-2002, 18:33   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

drugs are bad .. mmmkay?
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 19:21   #5 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Oooooh deeeeeear...... not another rumour thread....

Surely there can't be that many rumours left to make up... it's getting tedious wading through (and promptly ignoring) them. We've had the V10 Barra (which was a regrettable seed which unfortunately spawned many more), many variations of the GTHO Coupe, twin-turbo I6 XR6, supercharged XR6, many variations of AWD performance sedan / coupe, and now the twin turbo V8. Please correct me if I have missed anything out.

And for those who think it would be a doddle to wack on two snails to the V8, consider this : read any issue of Wheels / Motor that details the development of the V8 engines in Barra. The heat these things produce in N/A form is phenomenal, so consider strapping in two devices that generate massive heat in their own right, and you have a large industrial oven in a production sedan. Not exactly a desirable result. And then there's the issue of available real estate in the engine bay.... and then the minor, trifling issues of development costs, reliability, and profitability.

Old 10-26-2002, 19:37   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Sparkle
And for those who think it would be a doddle to wack on two snails to the V8, consider this : read any issue of Wheels / Motor that details the development of the V8 engines in Barra. The heat these things produce in N/A form is phenomenal, so consider strapping in two devices that generate massive heat in their own right, and you have a large industrial oven in a production sedan. Not exactly a desirable result. And then there's the issue of available real estate in the engine bay.... and then the minor, trifling issues of development costs, reliability, and profitability.
Should never let the practicalities get in the way of a good rumour.

There are still plenty of possibilities left -

1. The FPV AWD twin turbo "Eliminator" Ute (so called 'cos that's what it does to commonsense - eliminate it).

2. The FPV Street kA - 2.2 litre big block and 17" wheels, complete with 6 speed close ratio box and twin tissue holders.

3. The FPV GT-HO-R/T Sprint. Home for the V10 and featuring a 6 speed SMG, 20" (chrome) wheels and a carbon fibre interior to save weight.

Must be others too I am sure.

Cheers
Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 19:37   #7 (permalink)
aka "Mr BURNOUTworld"

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Sparkle
Oooooh deeeeeear...... not another rumour thread....

Surely there can't be that many rumours left to make up... it's getting tedious wading through (and promptly ignoring) them. We've had the V10 Barra (which was a regrettable seed which unfortunately spawned many more), many variations of the GTHO Coupe, twin-turbo I6 XR6, supercharged XR6, many variations of AWD performance sedan / coupe, and now the twin turbo V8. Please correct me if I have missed anything out.

LoL Mr Sparkle. I didn't know there where THAT many rumors (who was the twat with the V10 Barra - ??) You've got a very good point about the heat expelling from an N/A 5.4... let-a-lone a twin turbo v8. Plus there is no room for an intercooler or the snails themselves.

Looks like some people will never learn. It's nice to dream though... :s4
Old 10-26-2002, 19:44   #8 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

I heard a rumor about a Courier cab chassis being built with a mid mounted 5.4 that was stroked to 5.8 and had quad turbos bolted up to it. I hope they have 5245745204 inch chromies on that to put all the power to the ground!
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 20:08   #9 (permalink)
aka "Mr BURNOUTworld"

Quote:
2. The FPV Street kA - 2.2 litre big block and 17" wheels, complete with 6 speed close ratio box and twin tissue holders.
HAHAHHAAHHAHAHA. I like your definition of "big block". I think the twin-tissue holders will win over everybody myself.

Quote:
heard a rumor about a Courier cab chassis being built with a mid mounted 5.4 that was stroked to 5.8 and had quad turbos bolted up to it. I hope they have 5245745204 inch chromies on that to put all the power to the ground!
DK your wrong that wasn't on a Courier cab it was in a Focus. I saw it while going down the Mitchell Fwy. We dragged an I beat it in my 426ci XY GTHO even though it has 914kW... Then I took some more acid and realised I was home in bed.
Old 10-26-2002, 20:19   #10 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

okay you're taking it too far...

but nonetheless, no matter what the hillier boys do to a BA it'll be damn impressive!

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub