Tyres - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2001, 20:07   #1 (permalink)
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL

Its time for new tyres on my AUII,

And I need some help in deciding what to get, before I go and burn off all the tread on my current rubber :)

Bauerepaires reocommend Goodyear Eagle NCT5 @ $178 each. (the tread pattern looks nice, with big grooves.

Local tyre joint recommend Yokies A539 @ $160

In my opionon the Yokies tread pattern doesnt look as good as the good years. The yokies have also a slightly smaller tread depth.

I didnt bother with Bob Jane, ive lost my confidence in them.

BOTH tyres look much better than the monza's i have now.

Any recommendation between the two?
jaytyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2001, 20:59   #2 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Buddy, buddy, buddy...
Have you looked at the Pirelli P6000? Damn good.

On the other hand I have always had good service from Beaurepaires - the road damage insurance has paid itself off every time for me..... :wink2:

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 21:12   #3 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Yep I'd say check out the Pirellis. I've got P5000's and loving them. Better grip than my Yoko A520's, and wearing better as well.
Old 05-01-2001, 22:56   #4 (permalink)
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL

Ahh ok, Thanks guys. I will have to check to see if they make them in 215/60x16 form first!
I wouldnt want to go less than 215/60 for ride quality.

Stupid me, I only brought 16 inch rims so i could keep my old monza's (cos they hadn't worn much) - 4 months later and they are f#%ked

Im kicking myself now, i wish i had brought 17's and new tyres at the same time!!
jaytyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 16:03   #5 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Jaytyn,

i'm wearing Yoko A539's on my car. I found them pretty good. (well no real good at the moment me got a puncture on the left rear wheel). But if it had air they're real good, grip wise and tyre noise. Only time will tell about tyre wear though. Hehehe i guess it comes down to how much circle work you do. :p :p

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 20:40   #6 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

jayton
before you splash out, ring your insurance company, for the rating of tyre for the car.
WHY...before the scum knicked my wifes tickford, the tyre dealer insisted we replace with z rating tyres $165 each, because the car was based on a shell series race car, output performance etc. if you have a prang, and you dont have the proper tyres, your stuffed.

my pig (XR) got away with standard goodyear tyres as used by the cops, 225/60/16 specials, $130 each.

not saying you use what I use, but check with insurance first, if yours is tickford enhanced.
Old 05-27-2001, 21:01   #7 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Doc, I take it if our cars are stock we shouldn't have anything to worry about. But yeah i didn't think about that, the insurance company might not cover you if you have the wrong tyre.

Jaytyn,
What tyres did you end up getting???

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 22:07   #8 (permalink)
EB Fairmont Owner

I've got Bridgestone G Grids on mine - they are great in the wet especially and have a sweet looking tread pattern.

Pretty cheap now - i got mine for $135 each that was almost a year ago.

Jase
TickfordEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 22:21   #9 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunterâ„¢

confused

Quote:
Originally posted by TickfordEB
Pretty cheap now - i got mine for $135 each that was almost a year ago.
What size boots Jase??
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 22:32   #10 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Currently loving the Dunlops on the new XR (S9000s?, 235/45??/17), and was quite happy with the Dunlop Le Mans I had on the old girl (225/60/16), after being convinved they were a better buy than the Falken Zieks.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub