unpainted engine bay - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2003, 04:21   #1 (permalink)
Stupid lamas!!!

unpainted engine bay

g day guys i have trid a search and couldnt find what i was looking for

note im not having a go at all and just have a mate who needs to know the answer to this question.

i have heard that the early BAs didnt have the engine bays painted

i was just wondering what colour it was?

Thanks
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2003, 04:27   #2 (permalink)
Faster than Zyrtec

Re: unpainted engine bay

I thought it was the interior of the bootlid and not the engine bay.
dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 04:36   #3 (permalink)

I know that all BA's didn't have the engine bays painted by that i mean they weren't painted gloss in the engine bays,the Blueprint for example had a matt black engine bay paint which looks pretty ordinary in the XR and GT's,however i was fortunate to have mine done in the gloss thanks to some contact in the Ford circle.But from what iv'e heard all XR's and GT's will have their engine bays painted with gloss from now on.
Cheers John

"FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria"
If you have an XR6, XR8, T-Series or FPV vehicle (GTs) why not join.
Motorsport,Show n Shine,Cruise days,Factory tours,Special events
FPV and XR Owners Club of Victoria

www.fpvxrclub.com
Extra's Leather seats, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Satellite Navigation, Reversing Sensors,
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 04:57   #4 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Yep heard the same thing John. Bugger all XR's were treated to painted engine bays, but after more than a few disgruntled owners complained, there was a resolution of sorts to do it for the XR range (as far as I know!)

Any recent XR purchasers care to comment?
Old 12-30-2003, 05:08   #5 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

My XR8 I picked up 3 weeks ago has a painted engine bay. Has been that way for XR's and FPV's for about 2 months now.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 05:18   #6 (permalink)

All engine bays get painted the same as the outside.

Gone are the days when paint costs got trimmed from this area... there is no reason to leave an engine bay unpainted/coated in any way.

Get your friend very strong glasses... how 'bout magnifying glasses.
jonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 05:23   #7 (permalink)
spaced out

My new GTP has a painted engine bay

Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 05:44   #8 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

[QUOTE=jonk]All engine bays get painted the same as the outside.

Gone are the days when paint costs got trimmed from this area... there is no reason to leave an engine bay unpainted/coated in any way.

Thats not true. My first XR8 in Blueprint had a black painted engine bay and nearly all XR's and FPV's were the same up until about 2-3 months ago as a running change. Other models in the range still get black painted engine bays. Believe me, Ford still cut costs in these areas, I know cause I work there. Even the fuel filler flap on my first XR8 was painted black. If Ford can save one cent of the cost of a new car they will do it.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 07:36   #9 (permalink)

[QUOTE=bossxr8]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonk
All engine bays get painted the same as the outside.

Thats not true. My first Blueprint had a black painted engine bay and nearly all XR's and FPV's were the same up until about 2-3 months ago as a running change. Other models in the range still get black painted engine bays. Believe me, Ford still cut costs in these areas, I know cause I work there. Even the fuel filler flap on my first XR8 was painted black. If Ford can save one cent of the cost of a new car they will do it.
Then me being absolutely smart arsed would say how would Ford defend a court case with them depending on their cars being a having/similar treatment to all its other cars it makes and still claim it's warranty is completely applicable.

You see Bossxr8, it's ok for Ford to do this but until this is tested in an open court of law and they prove that their different paint treatment is actually similar to the real thing they 'might' get away with it! See what I mean?

Cars that are special tend to get put off onto other lines that miss the normal treatment so to speak, but to us, it's portrayed as normal happenings. Hot turbo's, special v8's blah blah blah, but when the company' is in trouble it takes the big short cuts and it shows!

I'm having a go at Ford but with good reason... the black paint is realistically not meant to be there because modern cars get it everywhere(paint), and how long is Ford's paint warranty for anyway.

Badger the bastards at Ford, let them know their cars stink without the full treatment. Black paint only resides in my car if I ordered black or the panel beaters said it was cheaper to fix after the accident.
jonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 13:03   #10 (permalink)
Whats traction?

The engine bay is still painted jonk, its just painted black instead of the the gloss color of the rest of the car. Black paint works just as well as any other paint.

Makes no difference to the warrantly/operation/longevity of the car at all. The only thing it affects is the look of the engine bay.

So can you tell me where the court case to answer is?
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub