Unworthy Opponents? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2002, 19:15   #1 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Unworthy Opponents?

We were all having a laugh with Kelli and her race against the black Hyundai.

What has been the most unlikely car that has tried to race you?

I had a guy in a Subaru GT Forester seriously tried to drag me off at the lights. He looked awfully confused that his detuned wrx turbo'd boxer engine in a 1 1/2 ton 4WD couldn't keep up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2002, 19:21   #2 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

hehehe my housemates parents own a forester GT, it is a pretty awesome car goes pretty hard from my experience when we took it for a run around the mountain :s5:
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 19:21   #3 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

The funniest experience I have had was while I was driving my brothers VX SS. For some reason some dumbass P plater thought he would be able to take me in his TRX Bluebird.
My eyes were watering and I couldn't stop laughing but I still managed to walk him by about 100 car lengths (slight over reaction).:s6: :s2:
Sometimes its not even worth the effort.:s5
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 19:38   #4 (permalink)

This teenager in his hotted up Turbo'd Laser/323 ricemobile, tried to have ago one night at the lights, I actually didn't realise he was trying it on so he got a jump on me, but I soon hauled him in & blew him away, stupid prick didn't learn the first time nor the second & on the third go he was revving the guts out of it....lights go green, he lurches forward & stalls.

What a wally
Fireman Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 19:40   #5 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

I've never raced anyone in the true sense of the word, but one night on the way home from work there was some woman in a Proton Satria GTi. What would happen is we always ended up side by side in pole position at the lights and she'd always floor it when the lights went green. I'd just casually take off but after a few episodes of that 4 cylinder screaming it's guts out I decided to show show her what 4 litres of stock Ford sloth-mobile (nickname for my car) was like. Hehehehehe

Another time I also ended up in pole position with a new looking Astra. It might have been the SRi but I'm not sure. Anyway, it had the requisite homie in it with the doof-doof noise polluting the environment. This guy would floor it from the lights and even chirp his front wheels occasionally. I considered unleashing the sloth-mobile yet again but as Rhett Butler once said, "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!"

Quote:
Originally posted by Adam W
Sometimes its not even worth the effort.:s5
Amen, brother. Amen.
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 19:51   #6 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Quote:
Originally posted by 3Toed

Another time I also ended up in pole position with a new looking Astra. It might have been the SRi but I'm not sure. Anyway, it had the requisite homie in it with the doof-doof noise polluting the environment. This guy would floor it from the lights and even chirp his front wheels occasionally.

That just reminded me of incident in Canberra. I stop at the lights next to a WRX. Lights go green and he floors it, I casually take off and stopped beside him at the next set of lights. He floors it at the green and once again I casually take off and once again pulls up beside him at the next red. This happens for 4 sets of lights, on the 5th set he ran the red and nearly collides with a car just to get away from me.

It goes to show that no matter how fast your car is, it still has to stop for the red!
Old 02-16-2002, 20:13   #7 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

I once had a Gemini with 4 guys and a full sic turbo muffler pull into the left lane at a set of lights, seemingly convinced he could pull past me within 100 metres before parked cars filled his lane. Rather than tear off, I stayed right beside him. He was totally winding the car up in his vain attempt to pass me, but instead was left behind the parked cars waiting for the right lane traffic to go past...
Old 02-16-2002, 20:17   #8 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

Quote:
Originally posted by Venom XR
I once had a Gemini with 4 guys and a full sic turbo muffler pull into the left lane at a set of lights, seemingly convinced he could pull past me within 100 metres before parked cars filled his lane. Rather than tear off, I stayed right beside him. He was totally winding the car up in his vain attempt to pass me, but instead was left behind the parked cars waiting for the right lane traffic to go past...
No doubt you had a grin from ear to ear, or maybe you just felt sorry for the idiots, Nah.:s2: :s5
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 20:39   #9 (permalink)
5.6 u know the rest

last night a vs clubsport full of brockys love childs pulled up next to me,after telling me how much it was going to kill that tickford heap of s#it,he jumps the lights and gets about 10 car lenghts in front we stop again,so this time i told his what i thought of his 185i pussy car.so after i kicked his ass by about 5 car lenghts.he wouldnt look side ways at me at the next set!.maybe i should of told him it was blown!!!!!!
tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 21:16   #10 (permalink)

The other week I was next to an old Suzuki Swift at the lights, and he was rolling back and forwards and looking over at me like he wanted a race. I was pissing myself laughing wondering if this guy was serious.
I decided that it was not even worth bothering about so I was going to let him take off like a 'bat outta hell' and let him 'win'
Light goes green and im sitting there waiting for him to tear off, but he doesnt, probably 5 secs had passed with us both sitting there so I decide to start rolling slowly, as soon as I did that he did a tiny chirp and farted off like Schumacher.

I couldnt stop laughing for ages, but id bet he was telling all his mates that he dragged off an XR6
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub