FACTS THAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW YOU DIDN'T KNOW!!!
(Abstracts from Yale, Univ.)
* Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
* Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
* The national anthem of Greece has 158 verses. No one in Greece has
memorized all 158 verses.
* There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
* The average secretary's left hand does 56% of the typing.
* A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
* There are more chickens than people in the world.
* Two-thirds of the world's eggplant is grown in New Jersey.
* The longest one-syllable word in the English language is "screeched."
* On a Canadian two dollar bill, the flag flying over the
Parliament Building is an American flag.
* All of the clocks in the movie Pulp Fiction are stuck on 4:20.
* No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver or
* "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".
* All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the
back of the $5 bill.
* Almonds are members of the peach family.
* Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a dance.
* Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.
* There are only four words in the English language which end in "-dous":
tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
* Los Angeles's full name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los
Angeles de Porciuncula". And can be abbreviated to 3.63% of its size, "L.A."
* A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
* An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain.
* Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
* In most advertisements, including newspapers, the time displayed on a
watch is 10:10.
* Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
* The only real person to be a Pez head was Betsy Ross.
* When the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers play football at home, the
stadium becomes the State's third largest city.
* The characters Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street were named after Bert the
cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra's "Its A Wonderful Life".
* A dragonfly has a lifespan of 24 hours.
* A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
* A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
* On an American one-dollar bill, there is an owl in the upper left-hand
corner of the "1" encased in the "shield" and a spider hidden in the front
upper right-hand corner.
* It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
* The giant squid has the largest eyes in the world.
* Who's that playing the piano on the "Mad About You" theme? Paul Reiser
* In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.
* The name for Oz in the "Wizard of Oz" was thought up when the creator,
Frank Baum, looked at his filing cabinet and saw A-N and O-Z, hence "Oz."
* The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and
a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
* Mr. Rogers is an ordained minister.
* John Lennon's first girlfriend was named Thelma Pickles.
* The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
* There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball.
* Stewardesses' is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand.
* Typewriter is the only ten letter word you can type on the top of your
www.merlin.5u.comMy cheap yet cool web site
You Ever Stop to Think?.....And Forget To Start?