V8 Challenge Review - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2002, 06:07   #1 (permalink)

V8 Challenge Review

Posted by 'Iain' on High Gear Forums---

Today i played for 6 hours, ea sports v8 challenge.
Im very happy with the results, the version i played today was the final b4 they started changing the game again, the only difference with the verison i played and the one being released in a week or so away is, multiplayer mode, and they are updating all the cars to the 2002 livery (eg colour schemes) of the cars and all the track signage. all the menu's are identical to swedish touring cars 2 (ST2) , except the AI is far superior, other than that its identical to ST2. The damage model is very good, the only problem i found was the computer cars were all over the place when trying to overtake, instead of driving up mountain straight in the Bathurst track (btw, very accurate) they were goign from one side of the track, making it difficuilt to overtake, especially when they are beside you they try ramming you out of the way. Apparently this has been updated also in the Gold final version. The guy running the game was Chris Hillman from Reality Systems, who makes Computer racing simulators, like the hyper sims. He is testing the code for EA Sports. All i can say is go get it when its out
ZH_302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2002, 06:44   #2 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

Re: V8 Challenge Review

Quote:
Originally posted by hypo
Posted by 'Iain' on High Gear Forums---

instead of driving up mountain straight in the Bathurst track (btw, very accurate) they were goign from one side of the track, making it difficuilt to overtake, especially when they are beside you they try ramming you out of the way. Apparently this has been updated also in the Gold final version.
To fix this problem all they had to do was get rid of Paul Morris!
Old 03-08-2002, 09:49   #3 (permalink)
Dual Exhaust Warrior™

lol
Old 03-08-2002, 19:47   #4 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Maybe they were missing Wayne Gardner in his glory days. The days before he was told that unlike a motor bike, you actually have to use the steering wheel to get around a corner!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub