V8 Supercar Challenge - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2002, 02:49   #1 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

V8 Supercar Challenge

Finally after 6 months of waiting V8 Supercar Challenge is out for PC.

I've had it on order and finally got the phone call today. Unfortunately I have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up!!!!

It's a good thing I don't have to work tomorrow, I wonder what I'll be doing most of the day and night and the next day and the day after that .......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2002, 03:16   #2 (permalink)

at bloody last! let us know if it's any good! don't wanna spend $90 if it's a dud.
Old 05-09-2002, 03:22   #3 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Quote:
Originally posted by adviliax mortus
at bloody last! let us know if it's any good! don't wanna spend $90 if it's a dud.
No worries Nick, BTW it only costs $69 for PC which is good news!

(Could have sworn I saw your car parked at Herrods Motorsport when I was there two weeks ago. Same colour, front end, NSW plates)
Old 05-09-2002, 03:31   #4 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

I have heard from someone on this forum that it is a pretty lame game. I don't know if I will bother buying it. It uses a 3 year old graphics engine and is not that impressive is what I have been told. Hope it isn't true, but fear it will be.
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 03:44   #5 (permalink)
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member

Yeah I mentioned one of my mates has played it and said it was pretty lame... but you never no, it may not be perfect but still good enough.

1993 EBII Fairmont Ghia 5.0L Wagon,
Lowered, Tinted, 17" Speedy Ravens & 2.5" Sports Exhaust.
( 1 of 26 built )

AND

1985 Telstar TX5 Turbo, stock as a rock.
eb_5litre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 06:51   #6 (permalink)
BAII XR6T Driver!

Yeah Let us know how good it is. I really want a new Driving sim however there is bugger all on the market at the moment.
Old 05-09-2002, 16:19   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamie XR6

No worries Nick, BTW it only costs $69 for PC which is good news!

(Could have sworn I saw your car parked at Herrods Motorsport when I was there two weeks ago. Same colour, front end, NSW plates)
$69 is not too expensive... i guess i'll buy it because i'm desperate for a new driving sim.

as for seeing me at herrods, nah, wouldn't be me. however, my car will be parked at Paja on the 24th so if you're driving by, please say howdy.
Old 05-09-2002, 19:41   #8 (permalink)
Future BA XR6T Pilot

Just got it and its pretty good, Graphics are quite good and it plays quite well. The cars feel quite heavy, like I would imagine they would If you break too much you lock up and just understeer, but if you put too much power down around a corner, the tail will step out. If you go through a sweeper to hot and with the power down, the tail will slide out all through the corner which looks very good.

IMO it is a good game, it looks good, plays well and runs great at 1024 full detail on my Duron 1GHZ with GeForce 2 GTS. It is great to be able to kick holdens butt around the mountain, and also Sandown (i think it is, i've never been there).

Steve
Old 05-09-2002, 20:02   #9 (permalink)

just got it, so i'm looking forward to playing it when i get home. i just need to sort out some grafix card driver issues...
Old 05-09-2002, 21:02   #10 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Had my first drive today. Was surprised that you can also race utes as well as a formula Ford type vechicle.

The sounds could be better, I will look into that as I modify game sounds in my spare time. If I can do anything with it I'll post it here.

I don't like the pit crew voice, it's very TOCA, I can't work out if his accent is Yank or Pom. I do have a bug with the sound, I run a Surround Sound, Soundblaster Live card and I have to ALT + TAB to the desk top when I start the first race. For some reason the game turns down the volume for the Direct Sound.

There are better racing games but for us long suffering Australian Touring Car people this is the best produced so far. The graphics are good and you will recoginse the tracks as you drive around. I give it 7 out of 10 and for $69 I would recommend it.

By the Way, if you race like I do (hunting Skaife to put him in the wall) you will forever be black flagged! and if Brad Jones ever saw the state I left his Ozemail Falcon in, he would have a heart attack!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub