V8 Supercars - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2001, 21:32   #1 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

V8 Supercars

While the Championship seems to be getting stronger and stronger what do you guys reakon about other manufactuers entering the championship? Personally I dont have a problem with it, as long as there RWD V8's, and have a production based model thats for sale in Australia (no one off racing models).
It will bring more people to races, which means better racing and more money. And with others joining, it could potentailly become a more international event. Thats just my view anyway.

http://sport.news.com.au/common/stor...5E9969,00.html

This article is interesting though, cos I'm pretty sure I can remeber avseco saying that no-one else was entering untill at least 2003/4. Oh yeah, and an Avalon and Neal Bates..what a combo!!
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2001, 21:36   #2 (permalink)
Ford Focus WRC Driver.

mad

Crap! Take Toyota out....V8's strictly for Fords and Holden!!!!
Can't really imagine someone waving a Toyota flag around a V8 Supercar race!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2001, 00:51   #3 (permalink)
BSR

Nope dont change it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12/03 FPV GT 725
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 01:42   #4 (permalink)

The more manufacturers the better I say! I couldnt give a **** if they use RWD Avalons and Magnas for racing, as long as its still competitive and awesome to watch, im all for it!

Oh, and apparently Toyota are designing a 5.0L Pushrod motor so it can compete in some US motor racing!
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 02:04   #5 (permalink)
Interloper from LS1.com

Quote:
Originally posted by rallyman
Can't really imagine someone waving a Toyota flag around a V8 Supercar race!!!!!!
He wouldn't last long - I could see Ford and Holden fans coming together for the common good on that one.
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 02:06   #6 (permalink)
Formerly J-type

They had a interview over in NZ with Allan Moffat, and he was asked the question would he think that another manufacture would be allowed into the V8 Supercars and his answer - a very confident NO.
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 04:20   #7 (permalink)

Won't need to worry about a third party entering the sport as Avesco are doing a good enough JOB of shifting the entire series off shore any way.
When are Ford or Holden going to stand up grow a back bone and stop this crap with Avesco withdrawing from races in each state.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 10:17   #8 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Yeah its NZ one year, no WA the next. Then it will be some Asian country the year after, no Darwin next and so on. But back to the point. I dont mind that Toyota or even Mitsubishi come into V8s as I don't feel they will win or have much experience to get very far anyway. If your scared of them coming in for beeing to competitive then look at it on the bright side, the more competitive they are the more competitive FORD will have to be. Hence thier Product should be better.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 20:48   #9 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

I think that Toyota and Mitsubishi lack the key ingredient that both Ford and Holden have and that is FANS. I personally think that AVESCO won't get any more fans along to the races than they currently have and also if either of these manufacturers started winning I could see TV audiences and spectators dropping off.
If its not broke don't fix.
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 22:47   #10 (permalink)

If Avesco do have the asia market in mind I think there will be enought support for both Toyota and Mitsubishi. Actually they would probably only have to hold two round to equal the attendance of several of our rounds.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub