V8 Superstars - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2001, 01:12   #1 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

V8 Superstars

Interesting to see on the show that the points system is going to be looked at at the end of the year. About friggin time too..

Also they're saying that the reverse grid is here to stay due to contracts and that Bathurst will stay in the championship..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2001, 02:52   #2 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

It was good to see that all the people on the show agreed that the point score system is wrong, also I think the GMC400 is the only round with a reverse grid so I suppose we can handle that.
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 04:43   #3 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

I thought it was interesting to see how the points rankings would look under the F1 and motoGP systems. Lowndes would have been 3rd and 7th respectively, instead of 10th!

Personally, I think either F1, MotoGP or Cart rankings systems would be miles better than the one we have now.
Old 07-08-2001, 15:40   #4 (permalink)

I think Bathurst should stay in the championship but it should be the first race of the season. Start the season in October, have 4 weeks off at Xmas/new year and then run until July.
The reverse grid contract thing seems to be BS to me. Are they serious about reducing costs or not!. Lets see the teams boycot the reverse grid and see how long it stays a contract issue.

This is just another example of the governing body not listen to
a) the people
b) the drivers
c) the CEO of the car companies that lend their brand of machinery to make this circus go round.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 16:31   #5 (permalink)
BSR

It was a great show, just wish Skaife would let someone finish what they are saying before he tries to be funny.....:rolleyes:

Never missed a gear......what a wanker:D

12/03 FPV GT 725
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 18:58   #6 (permalink)

It was interesting to see Tony Cochrane's reaction when they asked him about letting Toytas into the Shell Series. It seemed to me he could hardly hide his disgust and displeasure. In the various polls I've seen around, (V8 Superstars, conrod.com.au) it seems the majority of the fans are in favour of it, not this little black duck though. :fmad:

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 20:06   #7 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

I noticed that on the issue of Toymotor/Bitsamissing entering the competition, that no one raised the fact that neither manufacturer has a RWD V8 car in production - especially surprised neither Tony or Mark Larkham mentioned that. Perhaps that is not such a stumbling block for entering the competition, as opposed to feeding millions of $$ into a single team and attempting a series take-over.
Old 07-08-2001, 20:43   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

If only we could get this program in NZ:(
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 21:02   #9 (permalink)
Formerly J-type

Personally don't like the idea too much of keeping Bathurst as a points round - well not on the current inconsistant points system, and the Pukekohe round should be before it and not last.
In my opinion Bathurst is the big "race" and other events or etc.. shouldn't dilute that.

Thats my $6.85 opinion.
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 21:37   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by J-type
Personally don't like the idea too much of keeping Bathurst as a points round - well not on the current inconsistant points system, and the Pukekohe round should be before it and not last.
In my opinion Bathurst is the big "race" and other events or etc.. shouldn't dilute that.

Thats my $6.85 opinion.
I agree. Unless they can arange to have the race at a different time in the season, it just doesnt allow the teams to run the best driver teamings or even have a real dip at the race it if the championship is at stake. Nascar have Daytona at the start of their season but it is not a special point round. Bathurst as the first race would fix these problems, but timing is an issue. The traditional date has been lost on me now. A time of the year when there is less chance of rain can't be that bad can it
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub