V8 utes for Bathurst - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2001, 19:22   #1 (permalink)

V8 utes for Bathurst

Bathurst fans will see an exciting new Ford vs Holden battle on the Mountain in October, when the V8 BRute Muster tackles Mount Panorama for the first time.

Up to 20 Ford Falcon XR8 and Holden Commodore SS utes are expected to compete in three non-championship races at the 4-7 October event.

The third race will be televised Australia-wide on Network Ten, just before the start of the annual Bathurst 1000 classic on the Sunday morning.

V8 BRute Muster competitors have welcomed the deal to run at Bathurst, concluded between PROCAR Australia and Great Race organisers International Management Group - and promise fans a thrilling spectacle.

"Everywhere the V8 BRutes have raced the crowds have been hanging off the fences cheering and I reckon you can guarantee that at Bathurst," said Holden driver Gary MacDonald, who currently leads the six-round V8 BRute Muster national series.

"The V8 BRutes have more horsepower than handling and they’ll be pretty exciting to drive across the top of the Mountain. I canąt wait to get there!"
MacDonald is looking forward to returning to Bathurst after competing there in 1992 in a 12-hour production car race, in which a Holden V8 ute made a celebrated one-off appearance. Driven by Allan Grice, Brad Jones and John Spencer, the 5.0 litre VG Commodore ute attracted plenty of attention despite finishing mid-field.

While that 1992 ute had only 165 kW of power, the 2001 model Falcon and Commodore V8 BRutes will have around 220 kW on tap and are expected to reach 240 kmh on the long Conrod Straight.

PROCAR Australia chief executive Ross Palmer said the invitation to race at Bathurst followed the V8 BRute Muster’s April debut in Adelaide at the Clipsal 500, another IMG event.

"Bathurst will be a motorsport treat for veryone, but particularly for many people from the bush," said Palmer.

"Where they come from the ute’s almost a cultural icon, so to see the latest Ford and Holden utes on the toughest track in Australia will be a huge attraction."

Brisbane-based PROCAR Australia owns and organises the V8 BRute Muster series and supplies the race vehicles, all built to a strict `control’ specification to ensure performance parity between the two makes.

Mr Palmer said a limited number of entries were still available to compete in the V8 BRute Muster series and at Bathurst.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2001, 19:26   #2 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Cool, hopefully it'll be another win for Ford on the mountin in the ute series :D
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 22:34   #3 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

Personally i think that the Fords will get thumped at Bathurst because the Holdens have a straight line advantage.
Old 07-02-2001, 23:08   #4 (permalink)
BSR

Quote:
Originally posted by gms00
Personally i think that the Fords will get thumped at Bathurst because the Holdens have a straight line advantage.

Not sure about that mate........just as long as that bloody Big Kev car stays away from the Fords, we will be right!!!

12/03 FPV GT 725
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 01:01   #5 (permalink)
MadMax

Quote:
Originally posted by gms00
Naaaah.......me thinks not:flame: :flame:
Old 07-03-2001, 03:16   #6 (permalink)

confused

I wonder when we're going to start seeing this series shown on the Television. Eg: Channel 10. It's supposed to be pretty good racing isn't it? I have not seen a single race televised, the only snippet I caught was when a Falcon ute's front brakes exploded and he went careering up the arse of a Commo ute to slow himself down.:D
Anyway, let's hope we see it on the box come Bathurst time!
Go the XR's.
Russell.
Rastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 04:09   #7 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Fox has just shown it's first round of this series. Caught it on Fox Sports 2 (I think) while flicking channels towards the end of that dismal last Origin game. They will be covering all the rounds afaik. Don't think free-to-air will be getting any though :fmad:
Old 07-03-2001, 06:45   #8 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by el2xr8
Fox has just shown it's first round of this series. Caught it on Fox Sports 2 (I think) while flicking channels towards the end of that dismal last Origin game. ...
Ahhh Yes the origin game... ALL HAIL KING ALFIE!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 06:52   #9 (permalink)
Australian VU SS Ute A4 Member

Series 1

And the results of round 1

Race 1 Holden VUSS
Race 2 Ford XR8
Race 3 Holden VUSS

They had to detune the SS :D

Just bustin balls :D
OzRed12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 06:58   #10 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

Re: Series 1

Quote:
Originally posted by OzRed12
And the results of round 1

Race 1 Holden VUSS
Race 2 Ford XR8
Race 3 Holden VUSS

They had to detune the SS :D

Why?? So it doesn't blow an oil pump:rolleyes: :D
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub