VE Commodore - yes or no? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2006, 05:13   #1 (permalink)

VE Commodore - yes or no?

For the non-Australians. GM Holden will be releasing a new vehicle later this year. There is a poll being conducted about this model. I am asking for Ford fans to vote NO.

Link to poll

Thanks in advance.

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2006, 05:19   #2 (permalink)

Re: VE Commodore - yes or no?

sore a few pics of it in the articles, its hideous! YUK! showed a holden fan here at work and even he didn't like it....
Old 04-12-2006, 05:33   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Freak
For the non-Australians. GM Holden will be releasing a new vehicle later this year. There is a poll being conducted about this model. I am asking for Ford fans to vote NO.

Link to poll

Thanks in advance.

FF
My vote has been cast, however it has to be the most discusting pile of s#@t i have seen.
You watch though, the media will eat it up and it will be hailed a "New generation commodore" or some retric like that.
It doesn't matter what they do they always seem to turn s#@t in gold somehow and idiots line up once again to buy their crap.
FPV has won performance car of the year twice in a row with the Typhoon and what media has that generated??
We have won three super car championships in a row and what media has that created?
I just do not understand what people see in that other make i really dont!
They have a front wheel drive engine in a rear wheel drive car to start which only develop 157KW not like 190KW standard ford, the most basic independant rear set up known to man, simple and lack lustre interiors, they have more recalls for issues than ford and have just had to detune their 6 cyl model due to emissions coming in June (Euro5) where as the ford is the only car that has not only met euro 5 but they have also increased their economy and increased their power.(up 8KW).
The choice is easy brothers - be loud and very very proud to drive fords!
Fordaus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 07:40   #4 (permalink)

i work in the auto industry and have driven every range of commo, falcon, you name it i have taken it for a spin. the alloytec 190 is tinny and lifeless and has absolutely no feeling to it. i had a vs for about 6 months (it was my dads and i inherited it when he passed) it had feeling and some mumbo. the alloytec doesn't have the same feel. it might be more powerful and equally as quick but im a driver and i like to feel the car i am driving. also holden have a heap more camber on the ass end of their cars to help with grip. forget trying to get the cars ass to stay in a straight line through good suspension lets just chuck on supercar amounts of camber and hope that the consumers blame the tyre industry for all their woes. good call
Old 04-13-2006, 16:12   #5 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

I think Ford has a good package at the moment and the new VE would not sway me away from Ford.

I hope Ford come up with an upgrade somewhere near the release of VE to help combat it somewhat.
Old 04-13-2006, 19:07   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Block Ford
I think Ford has a good package at the moment and the new VE would not sway me away from Ford.

I hope Ford come up with an upgrade somewhere near the release of VE to help combat it somewhat.
Ford will be even better when the lpg xt6 turbo is introduced , I would pre order one in a heartbeat .
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 19:56   #7 (permalink)

Just a shame FORD cars dont hold value like the Holdens do!!!!!! Must be a message there some where.
red250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 03:15   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by red250
Just a shame FORD cars dont hold value like the Holdens do!!!!!! Must be a message there some where.
the message is people have more money than sense. the more idiots that want to buy holdens the higher the price will be and stay. and how much is an xy gtho worth these days???? tell me a commodore that has held its price better than one of those moron. please, tell me
Old 04-14-2006, 19:42   #9 (permalink)

Wow you guys are taking this whole thing quite seriously.... try to relax, it's ok... it's just a car! And they were just mock up images.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 21:11   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackncghia
i work in the auto industry and have driven every range of commo, falcon, you name it i have taken it for a spin. the alloytec 190 is tinny and lifeless and has absolutely no feeling to it. i had a vs for about 6 months (it was my dads and i inherited it when he passed) it had feeling and some mumbo. the alloytec doesn't have the same feel. it might be more powerful and equally as quick but im a driver and i like to feel the car i am driving. also holden have a heap more camber on the ass end of their cars to help with grip. forget trying to get the cars ass to stay in a straight line through good suspension lets just chuck on supercar amounts of camber and hope that the consumers blame the tyre industry for all their woes. good call
What does this have to do with the VE tho?? The alloytec is a good unit, but it matched to a old fart chassis! Put a Ford I6 in the vurrent commodore, and it probably will sound crap too! The camber is again because of the ancient system thats been in circulation way too long! The Camber is actually not that bad when the car is not loaded up. But put in a car full of people, the camber increases!
snavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub