Very annoyed at Police - Smashed XR6T - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2004, 01:35   #1 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

mad Very annoyed at Police - Smashed XR6T

At 10pm Sunday night my XR6T was parked outside my house as I was just about to leave for work (night shift.) I was inside and heard a BANG and breaking glass and straight away knew what had happened. I ran out to see the tail lights of a white EA Falcon driving slowly away up the road. By that time a lady had run up to me telling me she had got the number plate and a good description of the guy. She said he was weaving around and just ran straight into the back of my car and kept his foot in it until the cars untangled themselves.

I reported it right away to the police and they said, sorry, you have to report it in the morning in writing to a station! I couldn't belive it. Next day I went to my local station with the rego of the offending car, and as soon as the officer typed it in he asked me what type of car was it. I said a white EA or EB falcon. Bingo! We have a winner. The officer told me the suburb of where the owner lived and said they would get onto it.

I went for a drive through the suburb (20 mins away from my house!) and saw the white Falcon parked in a driveway with the smashed front 3/4 panel taken off the car. Plus I got a look at the driver and he matched my neighbours description perfectly. So I rang the police back saying this is the guy for sure as the front end of his car is damaged and had my Lightning Stike paint all over it! OK i was told we will get onto it. In the meantime my neighbour had given her statement to the police because she saw it all unfold.

Two days later and nothing has been done.. The accident happened on Sunday night and now here Tuesday night nothing has been done by the police. They said "We will get to it in the next few days probably." I was speechless.. By the time they get around there the car will be fixed, dumped or sold and I will be up for the excess when I KNOW who did it and WHERE HE LIVES!

So annoyed at the moment, feel so helpless. Every day that goes past is just more time for the scum to get away with it... My insurers will probably get him before the police!!!!!
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2004, 01:53   #2 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Re: Very annoyed at Police - Smashed XR6T

Go see your local member of parliament and tell them .If they dont listen call a current affair to create a scandal..its election time.....I know how you feel I got smashed through no fault of my own (victim..like you )and you get treated like scum...It makes you wonder whether the legal system will give us more support if we were big criminals..but like you all i want to do is live a peaceful life...but do they leave us in peace?
useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 01:58   #3 (permalink)

Probably all the police out on the roads trying to catch people speeding...

Protien, Creatine, and other supplements all below retail, PM me for a price list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
...his sheep shagging buddy with the loser sideburns.
Pik0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 02:00   #4 (permalink)

cant you just give the rego to your insurance company and they will work on it?

Protien, Creatine, and other supplements all below retail, PM me for a price list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
...his sheep shagging buddy with the loser sideburns.
Pik0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 02:01   #5 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA GT-HO

I reported it right away to the police and they said, sorry, you have to report it in the morning in writing to a station!
sorry to see your car in such a bad state.
the statement above is infact wrong and the cops should have known this. i have sat at a copshop before at midnight to give a statement about an incident that had just happened so they could have taken yours as well. tell your insurer what happened, where this guy lives and also give a copy of your statement and the neighbours statement. this will cover your arse insurance wise ( i know they love to charge an excess for anything) and that way they can chase this guy for the money and it wont have to come out of yours.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:04   #6 (permalink)
Ford Enthusiast

maybe take some photos of the ea/b in front of his house with physical film/non digital camera just in case
Old 08-31-2004, 02:11   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pik0
Probably all the police out on the roads trying to catch people speeding...
Probably the most logical reason why... There's money making there you know, and that's why
micmansour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 02:17   #8 (permalink)

I feel for you and your XR6T! Time to take the law into your own hands me thinks....
EFXR666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 02:21   #9 (permalink)

damn your poor car, and to think it was another falcon driver what was he thinking.
I see your from adelaide, anychance his address was at elizabeth or one of those other northern suburbs?
Quote:
<mrmkII> a tick bit my nuts!!!!
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 02:26   #10 (permalink)
Sex on wheels

I'd be out driving trying to find police radaring for speeding drivers. Take pics of that and write a letter to your local MP, police minister, Police commissioner etc. Tell them you thinking it's bullshit they have enough time to raise revenue from speeding drivers yet they are making no effort to charge drunk/dangerous drivers.

I'd be so pissed off. Hope it gets fixed soon mate.

Chris

Click here to see full size avatar....

Autos are for lazy drivers
GTPChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub