A very sad but heart warming story from the UK - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2014, 00:01   #1 (permalink)

A very sad but heart warming story from the UK

My friend is in hospital in Leicester and only has a few days to live. In 2011 he sold his beloved Ford Sierra RS Cosworth. He had owned the car for 11 years and even used it as the wedding car for his wedding. Suddenly on Tuesday he said to his wife Kara that he would love to see his old car 1 last time. His wife with the help of some friends advertised on RS car forums but had no luck finding the car. I was told about this on Thursday morning and with the help of a friend found it had been put on a private reg.
I continued putting on as many forums but still could not find anyone who knew it. Finally at 1.30pm I put a message on a car group I belong to on Facebook. Classic car scrapyard finds. By 2.30 I had been contacted by a guy called Lee who knew the owner. The owner had recently done some work on the car so although road usable it could not make the 40 or so mile drive to the hospital. His friend Lee does car recovery so said he would take the car on a trailer.
By approx 5pm the car was at the hospital for Dean to see and sit in. The pictures are so amazing. It was lovely to see him smile and happy after all the pain he has been through.
I could not believe that in a few hours not only were we able to locate the car but 2 strangers dropped all they were doing to make someone they did not knows dying wish come true.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4361...=group_comment

We have it on the above group on facebook

Alan
a1carparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2014, 16:44   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: A very sad but heart warming story from the UK

Great people involved!!
Old 06-14-2014, 23:53   #3 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Re: A very sad but heart warming story from the UK

Thats fantastic that he got to see the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub