VIC Government admits they fu*kd up! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2004, 09:56   #1 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

Thumbs up VIC Government admits they fu*kd up!

I saw on the news today that the Bracks government anounced that they ADMITTED the faultiness of the Western Ring Rd speed cameras. All motorists who recieved fines from these cameras will recieve their demerit points and their hard-earned cash back!!!

The Vic government is also trying to find a way to stop people for suing them for loss of licence as a result of the faulty cameras (like me).

It was great to see Robert Doyle bagging the sh*t out of Haermeyer and the rest of them and all I can say is "YOU HAD IT COMING"!

First thing tomorow im going to ring up Civic Compliance and demand my points and money back (for the 4th time). I encourage everyone else who got unjustly done to do the same.
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2004, 10:48   #2 (permalink)
Look! A flying orangutan!

Re: VIC Government admits they fu*kd up!

haha, suck balls pollies!

Astonishing to see a government admit something though It usually seems to be standard practice to blame somebody unimportant then bury it in investigations until everybody forgets....

Pacemaker headers + 2.5" exhaust
EF Fairmont interior
MP3 player
Lowered King springs
5 speed manual
EF motor

Newest mod: EF Ghia wiring loom and dash
mongrelEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 16:28   #3 (permalink)
freelance

All the Bracks government has to now is perform ritual suicide and they are completely forgiven!!!
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 16:34   #4 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

This is their attempt to stem the blood flow. But thyese cameras were proven to be faulty in Canberra in May 2003. Vic did nothing even though they knew about the problems. NSW is still doing nothing in the hope they'll get away with it (they also use Poltech cameras) meaning this is a frontier that needs to be addressed in turn.

The interesting thing is that Vic Gov thinks they can quell the tide of anger by only refunding the Western Ring Road cameras. How do they know there's no more Linfox truck events in the CityLink??????

There's more blood in Bracks and crew yet, we just need to keep prodding the holes making them bigger.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 16:37   #5 (permalink)
Lord of the RC

Linfox Truck events ???

I would be trying to do everything possible to sue them if that was me that lost my licence, thats for sure

Chris
O.F.R #6 : PM Me
Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Member #4 of the MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
fordel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 17:02   #6 (permalink)
BOFH

I hear a death nell for the Bracks Government. This is going to destroy the vic economy. Wonder how much after refunds and the inevitable law suits? 400 million? 500 million? Goodbye Bracks, your gone!

Once again a lobor government over taxes (stealth tax this time) and STILL manages to screw up the economy and put itself into debt! Well done you IDIOTS!

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 18:58   #7 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

Lucky for me I work in car registration, and not licensing, people have copped a lot of phone calls of abuse about this one.

*Phew*
Old 05-13-2004, 19:08   #8 (permalink)

I would like to know if any one will try to sue as they have lost there job after loseing there licence when they realy hadn't ?

My Car
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 19:11   #9 (permalink)
BOFH

I'm sure some sort of class action will happen before the end of the year! I know I'd be after them.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 19:56   #10 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

This may not appear to be clear, but this is what I know:

The fixed speed camera network was suspended on November 12 last year. Since then, all motorists detected speeding have been sent a letter advising they might be issued with an infringement.

A decision has been made not to issue any infringements from the Western Ring Road and infringements from CityLink after 12 November 2003 will not be processed.

If this affects you, a letter will be sent confirming this in writing.

Drivers who have lost their licence from a speed camera on the Western Ring Road can apply for an ex-gratia payment from the government to cover costs of inconvenience (such as transport expenses) while they were without their licence.

If you are eligible for such a payment, a letter will be sent within the coming weeks to explain your options.

A list of all the drivers who have received a speeding fine from the affected cameras is being compiled. Those motorists will be sent a letter in a few weeks.

If you have changed your address recently, make sure VicRoads has your new address. Call them on 13 11 71.

If you are one of the drivers caught by a speed camera on the Western Ring Road, you will be sent a letter within the coming weeks explaining your options.

If you apply to have your infringement withdrawn, any demerit points incurred as a result of an infringement recorded by a fixed speed camera on the Western Ring Road will be reversed.

VicRoads will send you a letter when your demerit points have been reversed and removed from your record.

You must not drive until you get written confirmation your licence suspension is over.
This letter will tell you how to apply for infringement withdrawal and reversal of your suspension. It will include a reply-paid envelope.

Applications must be returned via post, or by hand to Civic Compliance Ė 120 Spencer St. In most cases, once received, the licence reinstatement will take no longer than three days.

People who are currently serving a licence suspension from a speeding infringement on the Western Ring Road are being treated as a priority.

What about people who have lost their jobs because they didnít have a licence?

Eligible motorists can apply for an ex gratia payment to assist with the cost of any inconvenience to them while they were without their licence.

I didnít receive a letter and I think I got a fine from the Western Ring Road, who can I talk to?

Telephone the fixed camera information hotline on 1300 369 819.

How many people have been affected?

Around 90,000 speed infringements have been paid as a result of detections by fixed cameras on the Western Ring Road.

Approximately 2,500 people have lost their licence as a result of being detected from one of the fixed speed cameras on the Western Ring Road.

All these drivers will shortly be sent a letter explaining their options.

What about the other cameras? How do we know they are working properly?

The City Link Tunnels and Monash Freeway fixed digital cameras have been tested, and on the basis of the results it has been decided that infringements issued prior to the testing period will stand.

Mobile cameras and red light cameras operate on radar and use different technology from the fixed digital speed cameras and therefore are not affected by this issue.

If you have any further queries, you can PM me.

Cheers.

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub