Vic Revenue Raising - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2002, 22:19   #1 (permalink)
Interloper from LS1.com

Vic Revenue Raising

Well - I have become a victim of the revenue raising frenzy currently gripping Victoria.

I went down to Phillip Island in the 22nd for the Brutes etc.

I have so far recieved no less than 3 speed camera tickets from the trip. (I really hope there are no more in the mail)

They are:

85kph in an 80kph zone in the Burnleigh Tunnel
105kph in 100kph zone on the Sth Gippsland Highway
85kph in an 80kph zone in the Domain Tunnel

All are worth 1 point and $125 each.

Now of course you can all see how this frenzied enforcemet has dramatically reduced the Victorian road toll - oh, hang on, it hasn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fact - the part of the Sth Gippy Hwy I got done on is a 5km straight stretch of divided dual carriageway for farks sake.
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2002, 22:34   #2 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

I copped one ticket on the way down to the Raid, 124kph in a 110 zone. Ok I'll cop that one. Just waiting for some tickets in the mail if this level of enforcement is being performed!
Old 09-30-2002, 22:59   #3 (permalink)
DOA

roll

Yeh watch them step it up for the summer too.

They must have lost some money on the ring road and eastern freeway since the inception of the cheese graters down the middle of the hwyways since the police have trouble finding a place to sit with their radars. Havnt seen a cop in there usual hiding places for some time.

The perminate cameras do jack all, If you know where they are the u just speed between them. Spent a week in Sydney and would watch drivers speed past me at 130 plus only to suddenly hit the brakes. It was great for me as I just kept a eye out for the speeders to hit the brakes and low and behold a camera.

All though I do travel at ungodly hours so would be interested to so it they are operating radars on these roads during daylight?

One positive about cameras, if you dont get caught you pay less tax than the average Joe. Imaging how much tax we would pay without Speeding fines.:s5

Cheers DOA
Old 09-30-2002, 23:21   #4 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

This level of revenue collection would not be viable if people took up their right to have the matters handled in court. Everytime you send in a payment my mail, you are conforming to their system.

Even if you go there and plead guilty, use up some time to tell the magistrate what you think. When everything clogs up they will have to rethink their attitude.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 00:26   #5 (permalink)

Bad luck about the fines Brendan, lucky you weren't driving a new Falcon - you would of been going twice as fast... lol!!!

Unfortunately you are right, speed camera have very little, if anything to do with road safety. It is all about renvenue raising. You wouldn't mind so much if they put the money back into improving the roads so they might be safer but then how would the Pollies get all their perks...

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 01:05   #6 (permalink)
Interloper from LS1.com

Quote:
Originally posted by Falchoon
Unfortunately you are right, speed camera have very little, if anything to do with road safety. It is all about renvenue raising. You wouldn't mind so much if they put the money back into improving the roads so they might be safer but then how would the Pollies get all their perks...
The only way a speed camera has any effect on road safety is when you put it in a marked car or on a bright yellow pole at a road safety black spot.

You then achieve 2 aims - you slow traffic, and you catch the speeders who don't give a crap - they are more likely to be in an accident.
Old 10-01-2002, 01:06   #7 (permalink)
Interloper from LS1.com

Quote:
Originally posted by Falchoon
Bad luck about the fines Brendan, lucky you weren't driving a new Falcon - you would of been going twice as fast... lol!!!
Another reason not to buy a Ford !!!!
Old 10-01-2002, 01:15   #8 (permalink)
Crikey

Gez Brendan, thats an expensive day at the races. Sure sounds like Victoria is a bit sus on their policy with this. Lets hope NSW doesn't follow suit.

Maybe AP has a point.
Blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 01:41   #9 (permalink)
plonky

Cameras are a dead set joke and are purely for revenue raising! I can't understand that the tolerance is so low considering what the tolerance is for a manually operated radar. Even the Australian Standar should be about 10% for the vehicle speedometer, even though in practice modern speedo's are accurate to within 2%.
I would certainly take it to Court - 105 in a 100 etc. Plead guilty and give an explanation. The idea being is that a magistrate is more likely to issue a Section 10 rather than increase the fine. If the speed indicated on the TIN is 5km over the limit you have an exceptionally good chance of having it proved/dismissed or recorded with no penalty no points.
This is the only way to reduce the effectiveness of these cameras........on the other hand if you are caught speeding whilst driving, you at least have the chance to try and talk your way out (good attitude costs nothing) see the speed if locked on, or get it reduced to a lower points range. At least you can try because HWP are human, and cameras are not.

PS If you offended reading this, then ignore it!!
Old 10-01-2002, 05:13   #10 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Farout, bloody revenue raisers, i'm just hoping i don't get a heap of fines in the mail after looking at Brendans tickets with only 5km/h over. :dead: :dead: :dead:

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub