Victorian police fine 1 in 4 cars for speeding but fail to catch drink drivers. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2004, 01:48   #1 (permalink)

Victorian police fine 1 in 4 cars for speeding but fail to catch drink drivers.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...5E2862,00.html
lizardmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2004, 04:18   #2 (permalink)
Beastmaster

Re: Victorian police fine 1 in 4 cars for speeding but fail to catch drink drivers.

Who cares, you victorians keep voting for this dickhead.

Just one of those things, don't touch a stove, don't drive in victoria, you will get burned.
Revelations 13:18
Here is wisdom.
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the BEAST:
for it is the number of a F6 Typhoon; and its number is 0217.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 04:34   #3 (permalink)
I am The Brain

Re: Victorian police fine 1 in 4 cars for speeding but fail to catch drink drivers.

Yes, I heard that on the news a couple of days ago. But wait for their excuse for not catching drink drivers...

There was a shortage of recruits, and there were lots of rainy days.

Look at that statement without laughing at how stupid they think we are. Terrible, terrible, terrible.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:47   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Shortage of recruits! I'd give thought about joining if I didn't know how hard it was to get in! Rainy days? What's the matter, is Victoria Police a bunch of girls or something?

Oh, whoops!
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 16:14   #5 (permalink)
The Deputy Dogg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

Just one of those things, don't touch a stove, don't drive in victoria, you will get burned.
Victorians care, and I never voted for him.
falcon coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 18:58   #6 (permalink)
Now driving an XF Falcon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon coupe
Victorians care, and I never voted for him.
Same here!
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 16:42   #7 (permalink)
Kodak Moment

This article is not car related, but shows that its not only on the automotive and road safety part we're getting shafted on....

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...838277853.html

If this incompetent fool gets reelected again, I will seriously move out as I don't want to live in a state so stupid that votes this joke of a government back in again.
marine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 17:58   #8 (permalink)
Mulberry Rain

Quote:
...don't drive in victoria, you will get burned.
See, me and Kye eventually want to visit Victoria and check out the sights, etc... but if nothing else, I've been really turned off driving down there after being on this site. I still want to see everything, but Im afraid that i'll cross the border and get busted for going 3k's over.
blueraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 01:46   #9 (permalink)

mad Re: Victorian police fine 1 in 4 cars for speeding but fail to catch drink drivers.

This just shows where the Police priorities are at, priorities directed by the state government. Hey, easy money in speeding fines. Just screw as many motorists as possible while drunk and drug affected drivers just motor on by.

Quote:
That c*nt has never gotten a vote out of me!! I couldn't believe he got back in last time. Next election he's history and he knows it. I'll take great pleasure in sticking a liberal marked ballot paper up his arse.

Roll on 2006.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 15:10   #10 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

SHortage of recruits eh? I think it might have something to do with waiting lists at hospitals.

What's the link you ask?

Well, to get in the Victorian Police TMU branch (Traffic Management Unit or Highway Patrol everywhere else) you need a labotomy to remove the part of your brain involved in rational and logical thought. So, to get this op you have to join the waiting lists at hospital and so the vicious circle closes. Then you have to go and get plastic surgery to cover the scar.

Honestly, the Victorian Police should think seriously about just how badly they are erroding their position in society and the relationship they should hold with normal law abiding citizens. A recent speed zone change near my work from 80 to 60 (with no other road changes) was strangely accompanied by a Police blitz (in other parts of this fine city where such a thing occurs and Peter Batchelor Minister for Revenue gets done he'd somehow have the speed zone change reversed again and claim he wasn't driving unsafely).

It's a pity almost everyone in Victoria now thinks road safety policy is a scam of raping people's wallets instead of something constructive. We can only thank a federal coalition government for stopping the strangest practices getting wind in their sails!

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub