Vt - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2002, 01:37   #1 (permalink)
Australian AUII XR6 HP Member

Vt

I drove a VT for about a year ,then i bought a AUII XR6 . The other day i got back into a VT for a day . I think the VT has a slightly smoother six and jumps off the mark quicker .But the major difference i noticed was that the VT doors feel very weak , hollow and make a "tinny" noise when closed . To me the difference in build quality is very clear , why don't media point this difference out??? and i am not saying this because i drive a Ford. But i was supprised on how "weak" the VT doors felt and sound
PETE_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2002, 02:28   #2 (permalink)
BOF

well I think exactly the opposite, after going from an AU2 to a VX2 the doors on the VX feel like they belong on a truck, if parked on a angle I reckon a small woman would have a hard time opening the door. They feel very solid and very strong.
BOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 02:35   #3 (permalink)
Movin!

i have found vt's and a vx (both second hand) to be slightly confusing with the auto gearbox. I have never driven a manual, however the auto tranny seems to have some problems making up its mind on gear changes. It seems to not change when u want it to, and vise versa, sometimes kick backs when u least expect it. In the car mags they also reference to poor boxes in the holden's. Having said that, i cant really bag the rest of the car judging on my experiences rather than other reports (eg. oil leaks in gen III) without driving them more.
Old 05-11-2002, 02:42   #4 (permalink)
The Third Power

in some car mags they also refer to the

"The six-speed 4l60-E transaxle has a short and seemingly quicker shift than the Tremecs in the CSV and GTS"

some funny stuff from the latest motor Motor

luckily now the software is available to change the impoves the shifting 4L60E heaps

allows you to configure +all tune the rest of the pcm as well

Shift Speed
Normal Mode Shift Speed vs Throttle position for each Up and Down Shift
Performance Mode Shift Speed vs Throttle position for each Up and Down Shift
Wide Open Throttle Shift Parameters

Shift Firmness
Force Motor Current vs Temperature vs Throttle Position
Desired Shift time vs Torque for each Up and Down Shift
Torque Reduction vs RPM

TCC lock tables
Normal Mode TCC lock speed for each gear by Throttle Position
Performance Mode TCC lock speed for each gear by Throttle Position
Cruise Mode TCC lock speed for each gear by Throttle Position
Normal Mode TCC release speed for each gear by Throttle Position
Performance Mode TCC release speed for each gear by Throttle Position
Cruise Mode TCC release speed for each gear by Throttle Position
strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 09:18   #5 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

I was in a job about 6 months ago where I was given cars on a day to day basis, I had mainly VT-VX's and a few AU's (only six cylinder autos for both).
The doors on the VT-VX's were heavy if you had to open them on an angle. They were also quicker off the line but once they hit second you'd wonder where all the power went. The AU's didnt kick in untill about 30 - 40 then they were off, and the AU autos shifted a lot smoother than the VT's which sometimes banged their changes like there was a stage 3 shift kit in it. The VT interiors looked very cheap with very obvious seams and poor fitting plastic components. For day to day driving though they were pretty hard to split in that they both drove very nicely.
I'm not a fan of the AU styling but the VT-VX's in my book look woeful - like upside down bath tubs, they really look like theyve been over inflated in the arse. If I was paying I couldnt own a VT-VX for that reason alone, though obviously I'm a minority.
Dreders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 05:39   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreders
. If I was paying I couldnt own a VT-VX for that reason alone, though obviously I'm a minority.
I am with you in this minority too!!! Big fat lard ass things, cant stand being behind one in traffic!!
Old 05-13-2002, 00:08   #7 (permalink)
Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AU_guy

Big fat lard ass things, cant stand being behind one in traffic!!
i guess you get to see a few from behind then :MUha: :MUha:
VXdazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 01:15   #8 (permalink)
Australian Falcon Member

Hey VXDazza, I like your avatar..

Especially the rather large oil filler plug!! lol
discokin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 01:18   #9 (permalink)
aurora

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreders
I was in a job about 6 months ago where I was given cars on a day to day basis, I had mainly VT-VX's and a few AU's (only six cylinder autos for both).
The doors on the VT-VX's were heavy if you had to open them on an angle. They were also quicker off the line but once they hit second you'd wonder where all the power went. The AU's didnt kick in untill about 30 - 40 then they were off, and the AU autos shifted a lot smoother than the VT's which sometimes banged their changes like there was a stage 3 shift kit in it. The VT interiors looked very cheap with very obvious seams and poor fitting plastic components. For day to day driving though they were pretty hard to split in that they both drove very nicely.
I'm not a fan of the AU styling but the VT-VX's in my book look woeful - like upside down bath tubs, they really look like theyve been over inflated in the arse. If I was paying I couldnt own a VT-VX for that reason alone, though obviously I'm a minority.
I own a Series 1 AU falcon forte which is heavily modified and find the engine very powerful and quick to respond. Does all it's work effortlessly. My mum had a VT for a couple of years and i drove it occasionally. Compared to my car, its a gutless piece of crap except for the brakes. Doors don't shut good and interior suffers from a lot of dust and water soiling.
My AU has a K &N racing air filter and that helps it get going off the line a lot
My car does the 0 to 100 in 7.95 seconds regardless of amount of fuel in tank
When you use the brakes on the VT, it stops good but the suspension is so soft that the car wants to lay down and die.
Very bad understeer on 60km corners, my car goes around rounabouts at 60 with about 1/4 turn on the wheel. Very responsive with out much input.

The VT ain't a great looking car and i reckon that Ford stuffed up when they decided on the ride height and wheels for the AU

The bodyshape was meant for a sports car, must be very low, which mine is with 16 or 17" wheels with a low wheel arch gap.
Just love the rear end of the AU's with a spoiler, becuase of the sharp design, a rear spoiler is necessary.
Old 05-13-2002, 02:00   #10 (permalink)
Ford Member

Lightbulb

rep comes in handy when you have to fill it up everyday
dont tell anybody but mine dosnt use any ok
VXdazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub