VT SS! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2001, 18:33   #1 (permalink)

VT SS!

Drove my brothers 5.7 auto VT SS today, must say I wasn't to impressed with the power. I'm sure you can imagine the conversations we have, Him as is "just-Holden-together", and my "Fix-Or-Repair-Daily" AU XR8.

Anyway, does anyone know how much power is lost through a VT Auto's drivetrain?

Also any wise cracks about bomb-a-dores would also be much appreciated, I've got to keep the edge on him.

Thanks

Mal
Mals BA XR6T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2001, 19:18   #2 (permalink)
Paul

Yes you can tell him they have had trouble with there oil system in Genlll.Seems to happen if driven like it's stollen.
G.M's answer is to put an extra litre of oil in.They may have stuffed up with the sump being too small or oil surge!?.I hear they have had trouble in the U.S as well..There is potentialy a good mill there, but!
Old 08-26-2001, 06:24   #3 (permalink)
slim

Yes the rear main bearing ceases. And you'd think with a engine running 10.0:1 compression ratio they'd be putting out alot more grunt, huh. Even with the new firing order to ease crank flex they still split the modular block peaices in two when pushed over 300kw

Also the rear doors come open on VT-VX's when towing (flex:). Plus stereo speakers fall out of doors, etc etc.
Old 08-27-2001, 10:06   #4 (permalink)

Hey Mal

Did you see August edition of Wheels mag- 220kw XR8 comes up tops compared to 5.7 SS- Think we are going to see a lot more XR's on the road now Ford is getting it sorted. Were winning races too-can't wait for Bathurst!

white vct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 19:36   #5 (permalink)

H - Holes,
O - Oil
L - Leaks
D- Dents,
E - Engine
N - Noise

can't think of anymore
Solid_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 20:34   #6 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Quote:
Originally posted by slim
Yes the rear main bearing ceases. And you'd think with a engine running 10.0:1 compression ratio they'd be putting out alot more grunt, huh. Even with the new firing order to ease crank flex they still split the modular block peaices in two when pushed over 300kw

Also the rear doors come open on VT-VX's when towing (flex:). Plus stereo speakers fall out of doors, etc etc.
Rear doors commin open due to flex, hoooly doooly thats bad.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 21:30   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Rear doors commin open due to flex, hoooly doooly thats bad.
when working as a mechanic i had a mate/regular customer who was a highway cop. he had a lovely story about top speed testing his early vn crappadore police pack and at about 200ks being able to stick his fingers out through the top of the front doors due to flex.
PURSUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 23:50   #8 (permalink)
The Third Power

Quote:
Originally posted by slim

mmm someone never told my engine that I had a supercharged stock block for 45000kms no problems, no oil etc

have a look at 30 > they are pretty much stockers

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...ighlight=power
strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 23:56   #9 (permalink)
The Third Power

btw have you guys race yet, just like the US civil war, bro v bro
strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 23:59   #10 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

damn someone dug up an extremely old thread here
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub