Waiting, waiting, waiting!!!!!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2002, 22:00   #1 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

Waiting, waiting, waiting!!!!!!!

Well, Iíve found out this afternoon that my carís delivery will be delayed by one week Ė thanks to the 18Ē alloy wheels.

Called Dale Ford at Bankstown to get a confirmed delivery date (theyíve been giving me a speculative Nov. 4th date for a while now), and after they check and call me back itís now probably Nov. 11thÖ

Their story is that it seems the 18Ē wheels have been quite popular, and the supplier is having trouble keeping up with demand, so they wonít have my wheels available until this Friday.

If all then goes to plan, itís on a car carrier some time Monday, at the Dealer Wednesday morning, and in my hands probably Monday (after they fit alarm and window tint etc..).

Has anyone else heard this story about the wheels, or has my dealer just been bullshitting me all along about expected delivery time?

Iím telling you, if this car isnít correctly specified when it turns up, thereís going to be one hell of a dummy spit in the dealership that day!
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2002, 22:13   #2 (permalink)

hmmm.....too bad the rubber for the 18's cost $500 a pop! Great looking wheels though. I have an Acid Rush XR6T auto ordered and am a bit dissapointed. The XR6T manuals are in production as we speak but Ford have now decided to put the modified auto box in the XR6T, which was designed for the XR8!! Why? Strength, torque issues. I was informed that Ford will not be getting the boxes for another 4-5 weeks. This is when the auto XR6T production will begin. I should still get mine before chrissy though. I can wait. :-)
MartyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 23:12   #3 (permalink)
BA at last

This is getting a little frustrating.....

The XR6T was supposedly released with every other model yet no one (dealers) can offer you a drive. I'm sure it will be more than worth the wait but if this auto tranny news is true, then I'm slightly concerned. How much testing has been done? I have to make a decision by late Jan but it is looking more and more like I may have to buy first, try later (considering the Chrissy break).

Does anyone know with any certainty if dealers will be able to offer test drives prior to next year?
Superoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 01:11   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by MartyXR6T
hmmm.....too bad the rubber for the 18's cost $500 a pop!
I'd suggest you haven't checked prices recently..
Bridgestone S0-3 in 235/40/18 for $380, and kumho 712 ecstas, same size for $270... These prices in a country town, so should be easily matched in metro areas.

Prices have dropped remarkably..
cheers
Devil CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 01:44   #5 (permalink)

you can get 18s for sub $300.00 easy in melbourne.
snavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 01:47   #6 (permalink)

yeah im trying to get my hands on an XR6Turbo, my dealer sold their first 5 in the first 6 hours of having them in the yard. Dunno whether to settle for a slow XR6 or wait a while.
BIGBADAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 02:04   #7 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

JR, mate just persist, and trust me it's all worth it in the end. I've seen the 18's at the Motor show only time i've seen them and i must say they look very very nice.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 02:12   #8 (permalink)

My dealer is not expecting his first XR6T until first week Dec - put back three weeks. And the next one some time in Jan - doesn't even have a date for that one yet, but it was originally supposed to be Dec.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 02:46   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

c'mon boys.. I know you are getting tetchy waiting.... but it will be worth it!!
for the record.. I am as jealous as hell!
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 03:39   #10 (permalink)
BA XR6 owner

Re: Waiting, waiting, waiting!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by JR
Well, Iíve found out this afternoon that my carís delivery will be delayed by one week Ė thanks to the 18Ē alloy wheels.

Has anyone else heard this story about the wheels, or has my dealer just been bullshitting me all along about expected delivery time?

Iím telling you, if this car isnít correctly specified when it turns up, thereís going to be one hell of a dummy spit in the dealership that day!
JR
Your dealer is not bullshitting you, my dealer told me the same even though I've ordered a XR6 NA with the stock 17's. Actually he called me up today but i missed the call and when i returned the call the dealers closed. Now i dont know what he wanted and its killing because i wont find out till 2moro!
bludger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub