wake up ford - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2004, 04:30   #1 (permalink)

wake up ford

everyday i drive around looking at all the holden options, 2 door , 4 door v8 4x4 pick up, convertable astras, bla bla bla
and ford is proud to say well we have a GT falcon, looks the same as any gov company car with some stripes on it...... How about u ford designers start pulling some nice lookn cars, like a 2 door convertable v8 falcon, or do we have to import mustangs? and the raised ute??? well strap on the keg and kenworth mudflaps, the thing looks stupid and is still only a 2 WD...come on get up to speed ford. its bad enough that u renamed the ford XT again...
dummy just hit the floor , i will shut up now

Old 08-17-2004, 04:55   #2 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Re: wake up ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge
i will shut up now
Thank you.

There are plenty of threads where people bitch about how Ford suck at products, marketing, etc. They have many great products, especially the Territory, so we should be happy with what we have, especially compared to a few years ago.

Isn't it better to have a few great products than several no-so-great products?

If Holden are so great then go and buy one! Get an Adventra to help their sales figures along... hehehehehe
Off-white EL Series II Falcon GLi Sapphire (4.0L Slothmatic™) with K&N Filtercharger, Tickford Sports Suspension, DBA Longlife Gold (front), DBA Longlife Slotted (rear) and Bendix Ultimates all round. Driven by The Slothman™.

Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, or the Ford Forums Food Bandits, where cruising, eating and talking shite is what it's all about. Click here to visit the official (albeit slightly outdated) website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team GT Media
We love having 3FB Inc guys around!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 05:52   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Toed
Thank you.

There are plenty of threads where people bitch about how Ford suck at products, marketing, etc. They have many great products, especially the Territory, so we should be happy with what we have, especially compared to a few years ago.
WTF's so good about the territory? isnt there enough of these ****en tractors driving around on the busy suburban streets? arent these bloody big fat shit boxes designed to be driven offroad, and instead, the stupid ****en,
cant drive a greasy stick up a dogs arse, drivers try to run over us cos there too busy watching dvd's and talking on bloody phones than concentrating on driving....
Old 08-17-2004, 06:00   #4 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

i dont think this thread is about what we have, its about what we dont have and its a very valid point. what are you gonna buy if you want a locally made full size coupe? well its not gonna be a Ford. Ford should equal the competition on a variety of levels so the general public can for once have a choice between the two instead of only being able to choose from the one side of the market that has more variety.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:12   #5 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Where is the new 460 ci ford falcon phase 5 gt ???
useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 06:16   #6 (permalink)
RACE

With Holden it has been sometime in the making. There aren't convertable Focus's and Crewman isn't a big seller.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:19   #7 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

Gotta agree with Dodgy there. Personally i prefer to drive a purpose-built sports coupe over a hotted up family sedan. I dont carry lots of passengers and dont really care how they feel in the back, unfortunately if thats what I want then I have to get imported Mustangs, Camaros or even (shock-horror) Supras and Skylines. I understand theres a pretty small market for sports-coupes but i want one anyway. Would be nice if it came from Ford.

Just another Eseries...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 06:24   #8 (permalink)
Dev 5 Mutant

After the disappointing sales of AU falcons, Ford doesn't have the extra cash behind them to churn out bigger better models unlike Holden with the success of VT etc.

Give it a few more years for the Ford coffers to fill and maybe we'll see cars more like what we keep asking for.

Until then we have a new model falcon which is making some grounds and at least with FPV its a step in the right direction.

Anyway, 2 door models generally have a limited life span before sales dive. Point in case the current monaro and the need for the CVR 8 version. Yeah being used for GTO in the states is cool and good for their business but if we look at the last time Ford did a coupe (XA-XC) they didn't have a huge lifespan. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we paint the suckers and release them as Cobra's to shift the remaining body shells??? (I love the cobra's btw).

And how many Hillier conversions or Arrow coupes do you see on the road? Surely if demand was that high (despite price) we'd see more ?
Cam install by Crescent Motorsport, Liverpool

Dyno

Timeslip
loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 06:27   #9 (permalink)
RACE

Agree 100% loxxr6. It all takes time and something called money..
Old 08-17-2004, 06:33   #10 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Humm a stack of the vt 350 chev engines were forced back to holden for engine rebuilds anyhows used to use more oil than petrol!!

Nahhh ford are hooning along at the moment ...I know they have picked up big fleet orders everywhere.....Theyve got fleetsmart ,leasplan /dasfleet etc etc...All of these companies used to deal only with holden..So I seriously think ford are starting to pick up heaps..

Also in the perfomance side of things ...the ba gt at the tuning day last weekend was terrific ..even though my au exhaust sounds better.. it didnt sound too bad..
so too the new turbo cars ...
useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub