Want to win a Jaguar F1 car? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2002, 08:39   #1 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

eek Want to win a Jaguar F1 car?

From www.f1-live.com

The Jaguar R3 driven by Eddie Irvine will be presented to one F1 fan at the end of this season in a competition run by new TV channel F1 Digital + with Jaguar Racing. The competition starts this weekend, around the opening race of the Formula One season; competition lines open as Practice begins at the Australian Grand Prix and the ultimate winner will be found in the final week of the GP season, before the Japanese Grand Prix.

Over the next eight months, 16 winners will qualify for a final play- off to win the F1 prize. Each weekend of the 2002 Grand Prix season one person will take a step closer to the Jaguar R3 by winning:

- A pair of GP gloves worn and signed by Eddie Irvine
- Their name written in the Jaguar R3
- A place in the final sixteen in the race for the F1 car

Those who want to win the prized gloves and take a step closer to getting their hands on a real F1 car, can enter the competition by calling the prize hot-line on 09002 434 434 then simply use their F1 knowledge to answer a question. Prior to the final race of the season the 16 winners will be gathered for a conclusive test of skill and judgement – and one will win the ultimate prize, Eddie Irvine's Jaguar R3.

“What a prize! It doesn't matter whether the winner is a Formula One nut or any sports enthusiast – it's a unique piece of memorabilia,” said Eddie Irvine. “It's rare to see up-close a genuine Formula One motor car; let's face it, there aren't too many around. You couldn't use it to run to the shops but the chance of actually owning one is an incredible prospect for anyone.”

“We were searching for a way to raise money for the Golden Jubilee Charities and the NSPCC and felt this competition would be a fantastic link up,” explained team boss Niki Lauda. “We are delighted to be teaming up with F1 Digital + to offer this prize.”

“Live interactive coverage will take people closer than ever to the F1 experience, with live uninterrupted coverage of Practice Qualifying and the Race, real race data, exclusive pits access and a choice of views including on-board cameras,” added Charles Balchin, executive producer of F1 Digital +. “In fact, the only way you could get closer would probably be to get into a car.”

The UK's first live interactive F1 coverage is broadcast on F1 Digital + on Sky digital [channel 434]. Live practice, qualifying and uninterrupted race coverage from each Grand Prix weekend will be broadcast with a range of interactive options. Viewers will enjoy greater access to the world of F1 than ever with eight different views on the race and a statistics database, launched by pushing the red button on the Sky Digital remote handset.

The Jaguar R3 will be presented to the winner in the UK after the final Grand Prix of the season - modifications may be made prior to presentation including the removal of the engine and gearbox. Telephone entries close midnight Monday after each Grand Prix, postal entries close on the Wednesday after each Grand Prix. Entrants can post their entries to F1 Competition, c/o BSkyB, Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex, TW7 5QD. Full competition rules, with terms and conditions, are available.
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2002, 12:36   #2 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Hrmmmmm Interesting. Would be cool
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 15:28   #3 (permalink)
Copyright �2003

I wonder if I could get that road registered?? Certainly would cut down on the travel time to work.

the house of grunt
Click on the above link to go to a site about my cars, old and new.
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 15:43   #4 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

Quote:
Originally posted by Grunter
I wonder if I could get that road registered?? Certainly would cut down on the travel time to work.
I don't know about that, at the moment they are about as slow as a wet week.

I guess even Jag have realised how crap the R3 is and have decided to give them away. :dead:
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 16:45   #5 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Hell I'd have to build a bigger garage for that sucker!

/me calls builder..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub