The winners are;
- BMW AG 3L DOHC I-6
- BMW AG 3.2L DOHC I-6
- DaimlerChrysler AG 5.7L Hemi Magnum OHV V-8
- General Motors Corp. 4.2L Vortec DOHC I-6
- Ford Motor Co. 6L Power Stroke OHV V-8 Turbodiesel
- Honda Motor Co. Ltd. 3L SOHC V-6
- Honda Motor Co. Ltd. 2L DOHC I-4
- Mini 1.6L supercharged SOHC I-4
- Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. 3.5L DOHC V-6
- Volkswagen AG 1.8L turbocharged DOHC I-4
I believe the motor must be available on the American market to be eligible so no Falcon motors were considered. The Ford Triton 5.4V8 has made the grade in previous years but missed out this year.
This yearís winners form an intriguing 10 Best list where 4-cyl. engines outnumber V-8s, three engines are of the resurgent I-6 layout and three employ forced induction.
Ford Aus are onto to a good thing with our turbo DOHC I6.