wat u think?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2003, 02:16   #1 (permalink)
GOT MILK??

wat u think??

hi ppl

i was looking at a eb falcon s-pak today it has a 5spd, kings lows, 16" ford mags, tinted widows, full leather interior, heavy duty clutch, with 127,000 on the clock and a good sound system but it has no a/c and i think it is a cfi and the key is the old stlye but it went ok.

he is askin $3800 for it

what do u guys think about it
96 EL Fairmont Ghia, Auto, Tickford motor, Wade 1004@112 cam, shift kit, custom CAI, pedders shocks with king spring superlows, 17" AMG Quakes, 2.5 M/B cat back system, kenwood headunit, kenwood 5" spilts, kenwoos 6.5" rear, 2 12" kenwood subs, 5ch Amp 114db.

Mods to came:
Race series Extractors
Bigger Cam

Last edited by EL Ghia; 10-15-2003 at 02:30.
EL Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2003, 02:37   #2 (permalink)
Ford Nut

Re: wat u think??

mate if the a/c doesnt work stay right away from it unless you are prepared to spend about $1000 on gettin it fixed.

i have an ea that had a leaking compressor and i was quoted $1300 for a new compressor, dryer/receiver, fittings, orings, gas and labour.

ended up rebuilding the compressor myself for the price of a new oring and getting regassed, runs good now but if i didnt have the know how, i wouldnt have a/c.

so if you can, find out whats wrong with the air con.

you can tell if its a cfi or a mpfi very easily, a cfi will have a big black air filter housing siting to the right of the rocker cover.

nath
Old 10-15-2003, 03:05   #3 (permalink)
Formerly EAII_Fairmont

If it's got the old style key it's deffinately not an EB. Unless someone has fitted them for some reason. The 'tibbe' style keys were introduced with the 30th annivesary EA's.

121kW 2.5L DOHC V6 in a car that weighs 1100kg's and looks like a 4 banger from the outside......SLEEPER!

1988 EA S Pak 3spd CFI.....Soon to be a 250rwkw HSV eating machine.
Latest update......MPFI!!
AUII_Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 03:11   #4 (permalink)
GOT MILK??

i didnt get a chance to look under the bonnet coz it start to piss down rain. with the a/c it has got one from factory, are they hard to fit if i get one.
96 EL Fairmont Ghia, Auto, Tickford motor, Wade 1004@112 cam, shift kit, custom CAI, pedders shocks with king spring superlows, 17" AMG Quakes, 2.5 M/B cat back system, kenwood headunit, kenwood 5" spilts, kenwoos 6.5" rear, 2 12" kenwood subs, 5ch Amp 114db.

Mods to came:
Race series Extractors
Bigger Cam
Old 10-15-2003, 04:07   #5 (permalink)
Look! A flying orangutan!

A new compressor is not hard to fit, but I'm not convinced they're worth it. Never use mine anyway, as I always drive with my arm out the window, so I never bothered fixing it Eventually I'll probably rip the compressor out and stick a little belt-driven charger in the slot.

The price doesn't sound too bad, a regas costs about $80 so if you're lucky that's all that's wrong with it.

Pacemaker headers + 2.5" exhaust
EF Fairmont interior
MP3 player
Lowered King springs
5 speed manual
EF motor

Newest mod: EF Ghia wiring loom and dash
mongrelEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 05:58   #6 (permalink)
YES its a 5 Speed!!

CFI??? arnt EB's MPFI??? correct me if im wrong!!! sounds like an EA with the old style key and CFI, im prob wrong though!!! lol

For Sale: 2001 Yamaha WR400F
PM me for info
Supa R00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 07:37   #7 (permalink)
GOT MILK??

the frist series eb were cfi then the mpfi came in the 2nd series.

did any of the ea's came out with the eb style boot were the number plate sits and tail lights??

Mods to came:
Race series Extractors
Bigger Cam
Old 10-15-2003, 16:04   #8 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

If your unsure of the model post the build date which i on the compliance plate on the left hand side near the windscreen.

Old style key, perhas the original ignition gave up so they put the old type in? bit of a bugga because the same key wont open the doors and start the car.
Old 10-15-2003, 16:59   #9 (permalink)
Formerly EAII_Fairmont

They didn't come out from factory like that, but it's not hard to fit a set of EB tail lights and a garnish yourself. I did it to my EA.

121kW 2.5L DOHC V6 in a car that weighs 1100kg's and looks like a 4 banger from the outside......SLEEPER!

1988 EA S Pak 3spd CFI.....Soon to be a 250rwkw HSV eating machine.
Latest update......MPFI!!
AUII_Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 00:26   #10 (permalink)
GOT MILK??

it is a ea with eb bits the guy had a eb xr6 which got t-boned so he got the ea and changed same bits on it.

i gave it to my machanic to look at and he said it was the best ea he has seen in a long time. he said the power steering rack has been redone and the clutch and would only cost me 200 bucks to get to A1 cond.

the only thing wrong with it is the diff cover has a crack in it the engine got a bit of oil on it but thats norm for the 6's the lower ball joint and one tyre needs replacing. but there is no sign of body damege or repair and the motor is in top cond.

what type of diff gears would be in it?

and how much would it cost to change to mpfi from cfi i dont want the bbm coz i might put a turbo on it so the mpfi would be better for it.

Mods to came:
Race series Extractors
Bigger Cam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub