Wax on Wax off - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2001, 07:28   #1 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Wax on Wax off

Yeah peoples,

Just wondering what everybody uses to shine their machines. Also can someone reccomend me a really out standing product to shine a 94 falcon. I mean when i rockup to the shops theres litereally thousands to choose. My car is shiny but i'd like to get ride of those swirl marks on the clear coat, they spoilt the otherwise nice finish.

I use the Mcguiers prep swirl, and then armorall armaplate spray polish. This formula works as it comes up with a nice shine but the swirl marks appear again after a week. Maybe i'm not using the prep swirl remover properly.
Whats everyones comment.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2001, 07:38   #2 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Heh, I just don't polish my beast, gives it that "sleeper" appeal :D :WH:
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 07:57   #3 (permalink)

They yanks seem to love 'Zaino', it kicks the **** out of Meguiars, Mothers etc.

These are some of their pics:eek::eek:

Also go to LS1.com or Corral.net and just mention the word Zaino and you'll have plenty of positive comments.

I havnt bought any yet because of the sh!tty exchange rate :(

Heres their site www.zainobros.com
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 08:07   #4 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

I swear by Zaino!

It is the best and gives the deepest shine.

If you have never used Zaino you start with claying your car. they you go and use the swirl remover then you go and add the deep shine. I usualy have 4 or 5 coats on the car before any show.

Zaino is the best and I can say that if there is anyone over on the other side of the Ocean that wants some let me know. I am not sure what the exchange rate is, but I know that if we have enough orders we can get it shipped over there as one large container to atleast save on the shipping.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 17:23   #5 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

I use 3M Perfect-It system. Then top wax using Meguiars Gold Class. Won me lots of trophies at Concourse / Summernats. The product is often secondary to the method and effort (trust me on that one!!!).

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 17:45   #6 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Pete
The product is often secondary to the method and effort (trust me on that one!!!).
Spot on Pete! A Neville with a rotary buffer and a barrel of the "finest stuff" can still make a crock of it. I know - they did that with mine when I bought it :eek: :thumbdown

I try and give it a polish at least once a month. (erm.. let me rephrase that last bit!! :confused: :eek: :wink2: ) I try and polish the car at least once a month After trying a few different things, I settled on Meguiars Clear Coat prep and Gold Class Polish. It seems to be the best stuff I've tried, but I've never had a go of this Zaino. Brings out a really deep shine in my heritage green XR - you can see it if you look REAL hard at my avatar on the left :wink2: :damack: Downside is that by doing it by hand, it takes a good afternoon, and leaves you with a bad case of "mysteriously sore and worn right arm" :eek:
Old 05-21-2001, 02:40   #7 (permalink)

I used Auto glym with good results on Jap paint but when we tried on Dad's Audis it didn't turn out so he uses Meguiars with good results. Although the alloy wheel cleaner isn't worth it because of the constant brake dust the TT has. It took both of us all day to do both cars for their first show and by the time we got there they were both a bit grubby. The TT being black meant it was a real pain to keep clean even before a bird crapped in it! Oh the joys of being roofless!
Old 05-21-2001, 03:36   #8 (permalink)
gone

Your Poor suckers

I just use my Commonwealth Bank Business card once a week and get some other blighter to do it.

god I hope my boss never jumps onto this site!:wink2:
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 07:31   #9 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

is'nt that what the wife is for.......after she's mowed the lawns
Old 05-21-2001, 17:38   #10 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Quote:
Originally posted by THE DOCTOR
is'nt that what the wife is for.......after she's mowed the lawns
I thought the wife's job was to drive the washing machine, clean the kitchen, wash the dishes, ...... :wink2: :p :D , and drive the bed..... :WH: :WH: :eek:
Oh I am such a chauvinist at times....

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub