We wuz robbed! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2001, 17:33   #1 (permalink)
Aussie Falcon Enthusiast

We wuz robbed!

After 20+ years of relative security living in Earlwood our house was robbed in the early hours of Sunday morning. What's worse was we (my mother and I) were sleeping at the time and strangely did not wake even though they entered both our bedrooms.

They (I think its safe to say they as an 80cm TV was taken) cut through a security screen to get through the kitchen window at the rear of the house. Alas my faithful 15yr old dog has aged rapidly this past year and is going deaf . She normally barks at strangers but would not have attacked when they got into the yard.

As we had sold the house and were moving out in the next few weeks much of our gear was packed in boxes which I daresay limited what was stolen but unfortunately my mother's collected jewellery was taken and as it was not itemised in the insurance policy will not nearly be covered by the payout not to speak of the emotional loss of the items. Several other assorted things are gone including my work bag (major doh!) and my new Nokia mobile which was on at the time but was quickly barred when we woke up.

The police came to file a report but from what I heard from my mother as I was out at the time, they were basically going through the motions and while they did dust for prints I dont expect anything to come of it.

Bastards even helped themselves to some OJ in our fridge and a smoke in our kitchen before they scarpered. Fortunately they did not check my pants which had my wallet, house and my car keys.

<sigh>
anakha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2001, 17:36   #2 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Re: We wuz robbed!

Quote:
Originally posted by anakha
...were sleeping at the time and strangely did not wake...
Dude, that sucks. I think you are lucky you DIDN'T wake up while it was happening.
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 17:41   #3 (permalink)
EA Falcon owner

sorry to hear this. i know how you feel we've been broken into before and they took my mums jewellery including her weddingrings which she took of to have a shower that morning
and they also took my dads wedding ring and about $300
mum had saved up for a holiday among other things.

Hope they catch who did it to you they never did catch the ones who robbed us

DAG-Nabit.com
FordLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 17:51   #4 (permalink)

Pricks!!
Space Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 18:11   #5 (permalink)
Ford Focus WRC Driver.

geez its quite a worry when robbers aren't 'nervous' about doing what they're doing. maybe they're just used to it? ceratinly is a major concern.
Old 11-25-2001, 18:13   #6 (permalink)

The main thing is that you are both safe.

That is scary stuff. Is there anything you need help with?
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 18:24   #7 (permalink)
Crazed Cone Chaser

Man that sucks arse.

Hope you can get some of it back, even if only some of the sentimental items, they are the most valuable.

Very lucky about your car.

DILLIGAF: a subsiduary of the DGAF NOP group of companies.
BSR Member - 'Blanky' 'ConeKiller'

Go Here for My Garage Sale
MADXF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 19:07   #8 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Kon!! Geez mate!! :dead: I am truly sorry to hear this. It really leaves you with a sick feeling in the stomach, and I can't imagine what it was like waking up to find out they'd been in the room when you were asleep. Scary stuff indeed!!

I guess the old saying is true enough though, they could have layed into you and your mother, so it's good you're ok albeit shaken. There's been plenty of violent break & enters lately too.

Well mate, as Ian has said, if there's anything we can help ya out with, be more than glad to lend a hand.

(And if they ever catch the pricks, count me in for a good ol'fashioned public stoning!)
Old 11-25-2001, 19:26   #9 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Unlucky Kon,

Trust me though those guys that did this scum will not get away with it, somthing will cross their path.
Glad you both were alright.

Where all right behind you.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 19:36   #10 (permalink)
gone

Shite mate! That Sucks!

I would love to find someone attempting to break into my place!

Ohh the Joy!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub