What the? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2002, 19:26   #1 (permalink)
'Black Beauty'

roll What the?

Was just browsing some web sites at work (Sorry Boss)
and stumbled across what could be the weirdest thing...

www.hotgemini.com

The title was a funny part, but the first line of the website got me!

"HotGemini is a comprehensive resource for the serious Holden Gemini enthusiast, from maintenance tips to an active discussion forum and a large online gallery of Holden Gemini pictures."

Is there really some "serious gemini Enthusiasts out there, or are they just broke people waiting to buy a crappydore? Glad they put maintenance tips before the gallery...

Your thoughts people!!
XRMK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2002, 19:38   #2 (permalink)

what?! heeeey! those fully sick geminies have a fairly big following! however, about 80% of the "serious gemini Enthusiasts" live in the Bankstown/Auburn area and are most likely related to one another, so i don't know how you could look at that - a huge family with bad taste, or just a bunch of guys who can't afford a decent car.
Old 02-27-2002, 19:44   #3 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

A Gemini scored People's Choice as well as Top 10 at this years Summernats.
Old 02-27-2002, 19:46   #4 (permalink)
'Black Beauty'

my sentiments exactly...

(Psst - I owned a gemini once, but dont tell anyone)

Thats why I am a Ford man...

Actually funnier thing... When I owned my gemini in 1988 (expo88) I was caught overloading by police with 13 people in my gemini... The old workhorse it was...lol
Old 02-27-2002, 19:47   #5 (permalink)
'Black Beauty'

Must have been a big crowd come from Bankstown/Auburn .....
Old 03-01-2002, 05:25   #6 (permalink)

Thumbs down

IMO For a bunch of people that like to act as ambassadors for Ford you aren't really doing them a service by bagging people for the cars they drive or like. Ridiculing people for their taste in cars or low socio-economic standing is not very nice, especially as this site has had a lot of media attention lately and will attract a lot more people.

You must remember that these broke people waiting to buy a crappydore as well as Ricers, may one day have enough money to buy a Ford or Holden, and if they have the idea that Ford owners are a bunch of idiots that seem to be extremely one eyed, they may not be in a hurry to buy Ford.

If they are interested enough in their cars to create a website and actively keep their geminis in running order then more than likely they are enthusiasts. In that case it doesn't matter what car they like.
Old 03-01-2002, 05:45   #7 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry
IMO For a bunch of people that like to act as ambassadors for Ford you aren't really doing them a service by bagging people for the cars they drive or like...
Before you pass judgement on this sites members I suggest you read a few more threads first.
People posting here do respect all makes and models of cars and are car enthusiasts. We just happen to prefer Fords.
Judgeing the site by one thread is a bit rich don't you think?
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 07:04   #8 (permalink)

Smile

I have not passed judgement on anyone, or this site. I am aware that coming to a Ford Forum I should expect everyone to be a little bias.

However I personally don't think it is appropriate to ridicule people for their choices or economic status on a public forum, now this is my opinion, and this is a forum and from what I understand I am free to express it, or am I not?

There are numerous other references to cars on this forum, about cars, particularily ricers. Someone here thought ricers meant jap cars, including others but in particular WRXs and EVOs.

Merely a perspective I thought might get people to contemplate the bigger picture, I think it's a sad world where people are stereotyped for the cars they drive. Like guys who drive big cars with V8s have small appendages.

However I apologise to anyone I have offended, it was not intended to be personal.
Old 03-01-2002, 14:22   #9 (permalink)
'Black Beauty'

Having owned a gemini in the past, I believe I have every right to say what I like about them. They are crap! No doubt about it!!

I am a car enthusiest and I like alot of cars. Gemini's are not one of them.

As for financial standing of those people. I couldnt afford to by a decent car when I bought my gemini, so put two and two together and they are cheap, rusty , buckets of..

Sorry if my opinion gets under your skin Jerry, but I am very heartfelt on the matter.
Old 03-01-2002, 15:18   #10 (permalink)
Copyright �2003

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry
... Like guys who drive big cars with V8s have small appendages...
I'd like to viciously dispute this harsh and unjust rumor! I've even got my fiance in here to prove to you lads that it's not true!

honey?.... sweety?.... why are you laughing... :crazy2:

the house of grunt
Click on the above link to go to a site about my cars, old and new.
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub