What is this car?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2002, 18:01   #1 (permalink)
Ex Member

What is this car??

Its badge is a chrome oval with a triangular indent in the bottom centre of the oval.

the car was the size of a fairlane, black dumped on fats with gold alloys and what interested me most was the twin 2.5" exhaust comming out the back, emitting a v8 rumble, and shit it took off like a rocket too. I want one.
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2002, 19:01   #2 (permalink)
BSR Twin System (tm)

Re: What is this car??

Quote:
Originally posted by Fairlane Boy
Its badge is a chrome oval with a triangular indent in the bottom centre of the oval.

the car was the size of a fairlane, black dumped on fats with gold alloys and what interested me most was the twin 2.5" exhaust comming out the back, emitting a v8 rumble, and shit it took off like a rocket too. I want one.
By your description of the badge on the front of the car, it sounds lke it would be an Infiniti (Nissan equilalent of Lexus). If it was a large V8 sedan, it was more than likely an Infiniti Q45.
Official BSR Website - www.bsrcorp.com
Poster of the 150,000th post!
BSR "DARTH HELMET (tm)"
Marcos Ambrose & SBR, 2003 & 2004 V8SUPERCAR Champions

****ADSLSUPERFASTP0RNPIPE (tm)****
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 21:05   #3 (permalink)
Ex Member

Re: Re: What is this car??

Quote:
Originally posted by smciner1

By your description of the badge on the front of the car, it sounds lke it would be an Infiniti (Nissan equilalent of Lexus). If it was a large V8 sedan, it was more than likely an Infiniti Q45.
Thanks...

got any details of specs???
Old 08-03-2002, 21:16   #4 (permalink)
BSR Twin System (tm)

The only thing that I know about them is they run a 4.5 litre V8 and are similar to a Lexus.
Official BSR Website - www.bsrcorp.com
Poster of the 150,000th post!
BSR "DARTH HELMET (tm)"
Marcos Ambrose & SBR, 2003 & 2004 V8SUPERCAR Champions

****ADSLSUPERFASTP0RNPIPE (tm)****
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 21:39   #5 (permalink)
Ford Member

About 15 were sold through nissan dealers directly in the mid 90's.. Most are grey imports. You can buy parts directly from nissan.

Either 4.5 or 4.2(i think) V8s, one has slightly smaller stroke. The engines are like two sr20De's (nissan 4 cylinders like in the 200sx) apparently, symesed together.
Both make 206Kw (yeh right) more like 230kw. Like most things Nissan, they can be made to haul arse.. Apparently they have a rev limit at 8500 RPM!!! But normally peak power is at 6000~ rpm. With the right cams of course this could be lifted.

If your interested in them I think they still sell them in the US (as a competitor to lexus) and in japan as a nissan president I think..

I belive the engines in them were used as indy car engines in the US or something.. I can't recall.. But there should be plenty of room for modifications either with turrbos, superchargers or just plain old Na with big cams and exaust..
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 22:02   #6 (permalink)
Ford Member

Did I mention there are stroker kits that will take capacity to ~5.5L, and boring the rest of it out adds a bit too.. I know maxium capacity is 6.0L!!! Not bad for a jap engine eh!!

Its a big engine a fair wack bigger than the Lexus V8's.. Don't know if it would fit in a falc or commo engine bay.. prolly..

I'd imagine a 6.0L DOHC 32 valve V8 would sell in the US if they put it in the next skyline.. But I don't think the engine room is there for it..
Old 08-04-2002, 07:07   #7 (permalink)
MkII Cortina Owner

Hey,

Go to an import place - one that regularly gets cars from Japan. Ask if they can get their hands on a magazine called "VIPCAR". Its a Japanese mag, so you'll have to learn Japanese to read the words, but its surprising how much you can pick up as you have a flick through them. You'll find lots of Q45s, Lexus' etc. And most of them a black, slammed, on large rims. All look (and go) really good.

L8a,
Prud
Old 08-04-2002, 17:11   #8 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Yes the Infiniti Q45 came here around the same time as the first LS400 around 1991.
Seemed the Lexus took off and the Infiniti brand didn't. Though spec wise it was much more punchier than the Lexus.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 19:10   #9 (permalink)
Ford Member

Problems with the infiniti line up were:
-Nissan left australian production. Alot of previously dedicated/potential nissan/datsun buyers were pissed off at this.
-For some completely crazy reason they dropped the skyline and replaced it with the Maxima. Thats like ferrari dropping the F50 and replacing it with a Fiat hatchback built in Poland. A fully imported R32 or laurel would have been perfect. RB25E and RB25DE would have been nice engine options. But aussie dollah would have made them expensive, other japanese makers survived that tho.
-they didn't have any other cars to completment the Infiniti lineup. a 180sx or 200sx optioned to the eyeballs would have been nice coupes.
-No advertising, no brand name.. $200k for a Japanese falcon?

There is a whole luxury car thing in japan like prud said. Nissan, toyota, Mitsubishi, etc make these huge sedans with rather potentent engines for pretty big bucks, but usually the styling is somewhat slabish and 70's american.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub