what car to "do up" - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2006, 00:40   #1 (permalink)

what car to "do up"

After selling my el falcon, I have decided I would like a new (or old) project car. I want to spend about $20,000 but would probably go to $30,000 if I had to, I just don't know what car. I want something a little different, a 6cyl, V8, turbo or supercharger would tickle my fancy, I just don't want it in a car you see everyday.

If anyone has any thoughts or pics feel free to share, something old school would be cool.

cheers
xfspacsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2006, 01:08   #2 (permalink)

Re: what car to "do up"

a turbo 200 ci 1966 mustang. or my favourite a 1969 Mach 1.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:27   #3 (permalink)

one of the few cars you'll get your money back on is a hot rod. i spend alot of time thinking about same thing my main problem is i like xw-xc but in all reality are old rusty heaps of you know what (don't freak everybody i own an xb and have owned old fords forever) .what i like about hot rods is new box steel chasy and fiberglass body and if you look around a bit you will be able to build a NEW old car for 30g.
cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:49   #4 (permalink)

I have thought about a mustang, an xc and a capri, (old school capri), but I haven't thought about a hot rod, thats definitely something to look into. where would I find more info on this, where to purchase and so forth?
Old 03-05-2006, 01:21   #5 (permalink)

www.desighnedchassis.com www.propaint www.customfibreglass.com
cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 21:56   #6 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

What about building one of those AC Cobra kit cars. I always think they look horn every time I see one .

Even the ones with a tight little 289 or 302W are still very nice and a Big Block even better.

The nice ones also appear to sell for a high price or at least the asking prices seem quite good.

Maybe outside the budget though.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:07   #7 (permalink)

cedric thanks for the info.

big block ford,
I have always liked those cobra kits also, my brothers mates old man is currrently building one.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:27   #8 (permalink)

Go to www.westfield-sportscars.com.au and check out the cars there, ive been in the green car before, and it is awesome!, that has a naturally aspirated japanese engine (i forget what exactly), a recently built car has a turbocharged S14 silvia engine fitted, and that looks to be a ripper. I've been told that the complete chassis retails for about $10,000, and it weighs about 600kg when completed, depending on the driveline choice.

Also, the owners of westfield sports cars also own Replica Motor Company, which make a cobra kit cars, one of which i was a passenger in on the same day as the westfield, and i liked them both very much. i'd recommend one of these cars
XlR8_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 21:16   #9 (permalink)

a kit car with a monster of a drive line

so many kit cars atm you'd have fun deciding on which one to do.
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 00:28   #10 (permalink)

I was having trouble thinking of cars, now I am having to try and choose, they all seem like good idea's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub