WHAT A f@%#ng joke,trying to rip me off,stupid holden driver - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2004, 16:48   #1 (permalink)

WHAT A f@%#ng joke,trying to rip me off,stupid holden driver

LONG:
this is what happened around a yr ago,being new to the car scene etc i went for my first drive to bwcp (broadwater car park)with a group,of holdens (yes i know,thats my first mistake)also alot of imports etc.

anyways once down there the calais VN was sitting up my butt the whole time,then i went to go through the lane and a car came flying around so i stopped,whilst grabbing for a new gear thanx to my panick stopping,didnt put brake on and collected the front of the calais.
NOW this is what puzzles me he was only 1 maybe 2 feet off my rear end,and from a stop to 2 ft away the car would be lucky to move at more then 1 km/h (straight flat road-carpark)he pulls up 3minutes later and i come over to inspect the damage my tow ball managed to hit his plate and put a 2 inch split in front bar and bent the supports on his oil cooler we bent them back into place,i saw no leakage,and besides the split nothing else was touched.

WELL a YR nearly passes and he comes up to me in the same car park hands me a qoute
wait for it $1,460.80c(yet when i first saw he's car it had no grill a tiny dent near bonnet badge and left front light was outta whack)
my ford mates wanted to throttle him big time,he's mate says "now you seen it you have 30 days or legal action will be taken" i so wanted to throttle him so he pisses off.
any ways us ford blokes debate how such a small km/h impact with tow ball and bumper cause all this damage,this is what he's claiming for,
front bar assembly
rh and lh front headlights n indicators
fan shroud,radiator,ac condensor,oil cooler,bonnet hinges n assembly's,
radiator support
plus parts
front bar
paint for bumper
labour
all that for $1,460
he's lucky i was in a good mood or i would of shove the qoute in his BUTT
what ya think?
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!

Last edited by hoon69; 01-24-2004 at 16:53.
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2004, 17:09   #2 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

Re: WHAT A f@%#ng joke,trying to rip me off,stupid holden driver

he hit the back of you its his fault..
Old 01-24-2004, 17:10   #3 (permalink)

get a quote yourself, pay him that
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 17:19   #4 (permalink)
EA Falcon owner

he has to follow you at a safe distance, if you have to emergency brake, and he is following to close and hits you then it's his fault.

p.s, i just asked my dad (he's in the insurance/smash repair industry) and he said that

1) he has 3 months to claim (after that tell him to f%#k off)**
2) car parks are different to the road but if he was following you too close it's his fault (tell him to f%#k off)
3) ask him to prove it. (pictures or his and your car, video of the incident, credible whitnesses)

so basically tell him to f%#k off lol.

Edit:** dad just checked his facts and said that there is no limit to how long the other guy has to claim, but he hasnt done it the right way.**
but anyway you should give him a quote for a new tow bar, after all he did run into you.

DAG-Nabit.com

Last edited by FordLover; 01-24-2004 at 17:32.
FordLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 17:32   #5 (permalink)

AHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Mate!. This sounds like an open and shut case. He hit you? If that is the case...doesn't matter how fast or how slow you were going..he is at fault.

Get a quote for your rear damage and give him that quote instead.
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 17:49   #6 (permalink)

sorry if i didnt explain it right.
but he was sitting 2 ft off my rear end i went to grab a gear and rolled back those 2ft and hit my tow ball on his bumper.

still he only giving me 1 qoute,which was from a mates work shop (suprise suprise)the qoute was made 04/03 and it says this qoute is only valid for 60days(so its outta date anyways)he's had a accident cant claim for it,then i came along and he's rubbing his hands trying to rip me off..
see i saw his car had no grill and slight damage before the incident,so how do i know i did the damage at all?

all that stuff is for a front end change and at 1km/h to do all that,i dont think so..
he will be lucky to get 1 cent for it,he drove the car home with no problems yet he says he's oil coolers is buggered(B.S)he's front bar i can buy 1 (i aint though) for 100 (wreckers)i dunno if i did the damage or not,we did touch i felt the slight bump,but nothing like what he's saying..
HOLDEN:just holding together.(very true).
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 17:55   #7 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

leglly he is still suppoosed to be 1 car length behind you. you cannot help it if you roll back.

Last edited by Night_Lurker; 01-24-2004 at 18:14.
Night_Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 18:11   #8 (permalink)
EA Falcon owner

night lurker i corrected that, there isnt actually a limit on the amount of time, but after a year he's gonna have a hard time proving it

a quote from my original post
"Edit:** dad just checked his facts and said that there is no limit to how long the other guy has to claim, but he hasnt done it the right way.** "

and dad also said that the person behind is at fault (in a car park) unless the person infront is reversing.

so hoon69 did you have the car in reverse gear, or did it just roll back (im assuming it is a manual) when you grabbed a lower gear?? if it was in reverse then you are at fault if he was following you at a safe distance (which going by your posts HE WASN'T)

if the quote is only valid for 60 days (from ??/04/03)then he cant use it to claim (unless he lodged a claim within that 60 days, and if he did it's up to his insurance company to contact you/your insurance co., not him in person at a carpark lol.)

DAG-Nabit.com
FordLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 19:45   #9 (permalink)
Lord of the RC

Sounds all to dodgy to me, simple fact is, he was still travelling to close to you, to allow you sufficient room in the event you may roll back which you did, you might be a little to blame, in the i8nsurance companies eyes, but he is really at fault for being to close to you

Claim is out of date, tell him to F*&k off get a claim urself from a mate in the crash repair bus and give that to him, and again tell him to f&&k off
O.F.R #6 : PM Me
Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Member #4 of the MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
fordel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 20:03   #10 (permalink)
Drives like a Grandad

Bit of waffle from some of the responses.

Firstly, Hoon69 admits guilt and liability in his comment "...sorry if i didnt explain it right. But he was sitting 2 ft off my rear end i went to grab a gear and rolled back those 2ft and hit my tow ball on his bumper."

Having admitted guilt by either rolling back or engaging reverse and driving back hoon69 is responsible for any damage that occurred due to his negligence. He would be 'done' by the police for an appropriate offence and a conviction would be secured on the evidence presented - (Failutre to exercise proper control; due car and attention etc). (Statute of limitation prevents this from occurring after 12 months.)

Now, a civil matter does not require the same burdon of proof to prove who was at fault. hoon69 admits libaility as per the above comments.

The value of the damage is one that can be disputed. A crack in the bumper of most cars, VN Cdores included, is about the figure you quoted. The bumpers of most cars these days is about $700 + labour + painting + profit + carton of beer + the panel beater weekly BMW car payment etc.

Advice? Enter into some form of dispute resolution with him and wait until summonsed to the small claims tribunal. May never get that far - you never know.

Never hold a Dustbuster and a cat at the same time.
greg6099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub