What happened to the AV thred? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2001, 00:18   #1 (permalink)
Classic Capri Member

What happened to the AV thred?

What happend to the "I just saw 4 AV's" thred.

I think that pulling the thred from the forums is a little bit rough for all the people who want to get some information on the next faclon.

I believe if Ford are silly enough to drive the cars on the road in broad day light for all to see then the should be no problem with people on this forum to tell each of us.

However I do not agreen that information got from climbing into the test track to take photos or from someone with in the factory giving us the info, however if they drive it in public then it is public information.

Irpacaus
IRPACAUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2001, 00:48   #2 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

I do not know what happened, I did not delete it, nor did i even see it! :eek:
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 07:06   #3 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Well i can tell you that it was not I. i dont even remember seeing that thread. the only folks that have the power to delete threads are admins and mods of the area. The original poster can also delete the thread if he or she deletes the initial message.

Just as a recap. i know it was not myself nor the new admin Mod2fly.

Anyone want to speak up?
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 18:24   #4 (permalink)
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks

eek

Sorry everyone! I just saw this thread now so I'll clear it up. I posted the original message and I thought I said too much i.e. the location where I saw the cars, after i already posted it, so I deleted the original thread and put up my edited edition. The only thing that is different between the two threads is I've left out the location in the latter post. Sorry for the confusion and direct your fury at me, not the moderators and Lunaticss who are completely innocent. Once again,sorry for the confusion.
HP Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 19:02   #5 (permalink)
Classic Capri Member

There was ment to be no anger directed towards anyone and I am sorry if anyone thought that. I was just venting my frustration over the fact that sometimes people feel they can't give everyone information they get freely to the people on the forum.

My point is that if Ford drive the cars in the public view then I believe if you see this and describe what they look like then that is the better for us.

However if people have gained information by clock and dagger type operations, ie the cars are not out in the public eye then that info should be kept quite as it obviously is not ment for the public.

You cant tell me that if Ford did not want people to see these cars testing they would drive them on suburban streets or on the road to the test track, outside broadmedows or other places and the like. If they didnot want people to get a sneak preview to get people talking about how good the car looked to whip up a bit of hype about the new modle then they would transport cars in covered transporters to the test tracks and the like and or out to the outback where there is no one to see.

Just my views anyway.

Irpacaus
IRPACAUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 20:11   #6 (permalink)
Ford Europe Wannabe

sources tell me that they have AV's driving on the public roads all the time.........better put a camera in the car from now on folks......
TurboDOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 22:49   #7 (permalink)

Probably doing it in the hope someone on this forum will see them and get pics so we can all offer our feedback, just in a round about way
(Yea Right
TheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 03:20   #8 (permalink)
Crazed Cone Chaser

We were informed today that there are about 160 av's that have been built and yes they are on the streets, but we were also asked...By geoff....to ask everybody not to take any pics of it, so that it can stay a secret

DILLIGAF: a subsiduary of the DGAF NOP group of companies.
BSR Member - 'Blanky' 'ConeKiller'

Go Here for My Garage Sale
MADXF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 04:02   #9 (permalink)
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks

Smile

IRPACAUS, I completely understand where your coming from dude, and my use of the word 'fury' was slightly tounge-in-cheek! I just wanted to tread the fine line between satisfying everyone's natural curiosity in such a make or break car for Ford and at the same time respecting Ford's privacy. The only regret I've had in posting info about my suprise find was that people have doubted my word (and thus honesty). As I've said before I have no reason to lie or exagerate. I just called it as I saw it. But as for your point, I know exactly where your coming from and completely see your point.
HP Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 07:45   #10 (permalink)

Smart move by Mr. Polites, making us feel like we know a secret :)
Its a big ask, but I suppose when the Blue Oval we love so much has basically its entire Aussie future riding on it, we can respect the privacy and our future babies.
TheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub