What happened to the Falcon S ? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2001, 04:15   #1 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

What happened to the Falcon S ?

I thought the SR was a limited run. But half the options for the S have shifted to the SR, and the other half (Like the V8 and IRS) have shifted to the Forte.

The long-runing Falcon S (I have seen an XF Falcon S) seems to have disappeared from the price. And the annoying but is that the SR does not come with a V8 option.

Did anyone else notice this shift in product strategy?

And, um, can anyone remember when Jeff said we'd be getting a Manual option on the V8 Forte?

Lukeyson
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2001, 04:31   #2 (permalink)
EB Fairmont Owner

Re: What happened to the Falcon S ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Luke Plaizier
I thought the SR was a limited run. But half the options for the S have shifted to the SR, and the other half (Like the V8 and IRS) have shifted to the Forte.

The long-runing Falcon S (I have seen an XF Falcon S) seems to have disappeared from the price. And the annoying but is that the SR does not come with a V8 option.
There was an AU1 or AU2 falcon S released (cant remember which one) - bodykit, decals and some other features were standard. Basically a forte with some sporty bits and options as standard.

I believe the S pack was introduced as far back as the XD/XE.

Oh and you'll be happy to know that The SR *DOES* come with a V8 option as well as a manual tranny (if specified) :)
http://www.autoweb.com.au/start_/sho...1/article.html
TickfordEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 06:58   #3 (permalink)
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL

falcon S is pretty much gone.

The falcon SR is a forte. With colour grille and a few other options.

It technically replaces the S.
You can option in sports suspention, Forte V8, Manual etc etc.

basically, Just a pretty looking forte.
By the time you spec it up with Sports suspention etc its still cheaper than the S.

And it has ABS standard and Cruise control is only like $250 for it I think,...
jaytyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 09:23   #4 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Smile

The SR is damn good value for money if your after a new car with a few extras over the base model. Very good car to drive too.. :D
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 23:42   #5 (permalink)
Ford Member

Its seems to have disapeared.

Maybe Ford will use the S model at the launch of a new model, and then when things need more sparkel mid life, they have the SR.

Will the S resurface?
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 01:51   #6 (permalink)
Australian Falcon Member

And what was the X-Pack i've been seeing on a few Falcons (most noticably the XEs)..
discokin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 02:43   #7 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

I think the S went to the Futura in the E.B 2 I think??
Think about it .buying a company car? A futura sounds more along the company profiles than a sports car.We know better,but I am talking pen pushers here.
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 02:56   #8 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Yeah looking at the latest brochure of the Falcon Fairmont and XR seems S has been shevlved temporarily. They introduced it mid life of AU1. Has been stopped just this June.

From memory i don't think you could get an 8 in the S anyway. Only a manual 6 with the ESP pack which includes IRS.

Looking in the dealer at the SR it's a good deal IMO, looks cool with the skirts too, all it needs is a manual and it'd be a great car.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 03:48   #9 (permalink)
au2 forte

Quote:
Originally posted by discokin6
And what was the X-Pack i've been seeing on a few Falcons (most noticably the XEs)..
Not sure about the XEs, but on the AU's the X-pack is an optional extra that includes alloy wheels, spoiler and chrome tipped exhaust.

Cheers.
au2_xpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 04:33   #10 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

XE's had an X Pack, geez all i know is the AU 2 pack they released before SR. Learn new Ford things everyday.
Can someone fill us in on the XE X pack????

au2_xpack,
Mate welcome aboard, hope you have a good time with us crazy ford fanatics no doubt in guessing what car you drive. :p :p :p

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub