What Happened To My Thread? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2003, 19:55   #1 (permalink)
Crikey

What Happened To My Thread?

Between two recent country road trips I started a thread seeking people's opinions on what tyres I should fit to my XR in the next few weeks.

To log on today after returning home to find that the thread had degenerated to the point that Russell had to close it has really frustrated me. Fair dinkum, a simple question on tyres and peoples thoughts on how they have found them ends up in a slanging match.

Its not up to you guys to be judgemental and fire cheap shots back and forth with anything you disagree with (the emphasis is on the word cheap, that is, adding no value to the thread's development). I'm the one asking the question and it is up to me to sift through the responses and determine what is what and either ask further questions in the thread or use the PM system.

As I said in my original thread I have not had to buy tyres for some time and needed to come up to speed on good value for money tyres.

To those that offered constructive advice and considered opinions thanks heaps. There was some very good stuff posted, it was a shame that I had to work so hard to find it. I certainly have some thinking to do and will test some of these opinions with retailers and others.

To those that destroyed my thread, thanks for nothing.

Steve
Blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2003, 20:25   #2 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Sorry steve that it amounted to that. It has happened on a fair few threads on this site as of late. It seems some folks think that any thread is fair game to slag on someone or something. Too bad that they ruin it for everyone else.

We try to aleviate the issues, but we can not stop them all unforunately. If there was a button that i could push on my keyboard that would slap the shit out of them I would, but alas that feature has yet to be devised. I am still trying to work that hack out...give me time. Soon hopefully we will have that ability to smack the crap out of them as they are posting it. Would alleviate the issues that they create.

Once again sorry that the thread resorted to that.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 18:30   #3 (permalink)
Bourbon powered V8

Blurter, at the risk of starting all of this again, I just got prices on 3 tyres:
Hankook Ventus K104 @ $185 (but the importer doesn't have any stock at the moment for 17" rims) (5th/6th in Motors recent tyre test)
Hankook K102 (I assume Ventus) apparently just won some magazine award or other, @ $180
Kumho 712s (5th/6th in Motors tyre tests) @ $210.

Guess what - I'm going with the Hankook K102.

Just another 2c worth.

AU1 XR8 Auto 147.9 rwkw (approx 215 fwkw)

AU2 Wagon HAD Auto
17s, Pacemakers, 3" Intake & Pod filter (The Family Hack)

Member of:
FPV-XR Club ACT
AUFalcon.com
ATPS (honorary)
JC-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub