What next? (HSV) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2001, 21:03   #1 (permalink)

What next? (HSV)

http://www.drive.com.au/news/default...ews/news3.html

The age had a better shot of the trailer. I like boats so this looked good, but I can't help thinking about comments made by Crennan re the Tickford brand name being confused.

Now what did he say. "no one knows if Tickford is 6 cylinders 8 cylinders, sunroofs or LPG" ( OWTTE )

Guess that means we don't know if HSV is a bike or boat company now:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2001, 21:13   #2 (permalink)
ex-Ford owner

Looks like they're just going down the same path that most vehicle manufacturers in the US have done for a very long time now.

I've seen old Mopar catalogues that included things like Mopar business suits, shower curtains, chairs, golf clubs, cutlery, dinner plates, biscuits, shoes, mail boxes etc. etc. etc. The list of merchanside just went on and on and on...

I'm actually surprised that Ford and Holden haven't tried doing it here sooner, especially in times when vehicles sales aren't great.

Some of the stuff seems real cheesy and you might laugh, but if you could proudly display the Ford logo in ways other than your car, a T-shirt and a hat, you'd probably do it too. I sure would!!
XYFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 21:22   #3 (permalink)
Formerly J-type

Ha, it's going to look interesting when thick Holden/HSV owners go to trade in their cars for a Senator - little do they know that it is actually a mobile computer desk.:D
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 21:27   #4 (permalink)
Ford Focus WRC Driver.

That boat looks absolutely brilliant.....and of course, ain't no snail! What a monster! Even the mountain bike looks good! HSV looks good.....as long as it's not a car!
Old 10-03-2001, 21:29   #5 (permalink)

Yeh, the boat looks good, matching trailer with 18s would look pretty fat too being towed behind a Clubbie. Good move by HSV I reckon. I think the HSV mountain bike is a waste of time though. Anybody that has that sort of cash to spend (waste?) on a MB could get much better value from a more high profile brand such as Mongoose (just an example). The same goes for office furniture. What sort of nong is going to buy a desk with HSV plastered all over it?
They conradict themselves in the article. One bit says "have synergies with the core business" and then they go on to talk about office furniture and sports drinks! They have sweet fa??? to do with HSV core business which I thought was to do with performance cars.
A Tickford boat with a stroker Windsor would be good (better with 4.6 or 5.4:D), but not at the expense of the core business of making kick arse motor vehicles. Ford are just about on a level playing field now (or will be when the strokers come out), they don't want a momenatary lapse of concentration that might set them back years.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 21:36   #6 (permalink)
Ford Focus WRC Driver.

Quote:
Originally posted by Falchoon
Yeh, the boat looks good, matching trailer with 18s would look pretty fat too being towed behind a Clubbie. Good move by HSV I reckon. I think the HSV mountain bike is a waste of time though. Anybody that has that sort of cash to spend (waste?) on a MB could get much better value from a more high profile brand such as Mongoose (just an example). The same goes for office furniture. What sort of nong is going to buy a desk with HSV plastered all over it?
I don't know about office furniture but the mountain bike is a brilliant marketing move. That's getting the younger consumer, too young to drive but nearing the age where you'd get your license, into HSV and the brand. Getting their mindset into the brand will make them more than likely loyal toward Holdens and HSV and when a company can do that, they've almost guaranteed a very loyal customer of their products for many years to come!
Old 10-04-2001, 22:40   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Althought I hate HSV/Holden like we all hate our Ex's (if not worse) - I recon it's a great idea, It looks the part and makes money, why not? It's a great PR exercise too, I think Ford have to also come up with special edition bikes too (like Phorsche, Audi...) I mean If I had the money (And I was a Holden fan) - I'd by that bike in a flash! My 2c worth anyway...
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 22:45   #8 (permalink)
Evil Holden Overlord

I think the drinks and furniture were a quote from 2 years ago, and the "have synergies with the core business" is what they are saying today ... That's the way I read it anyway.

I think the boat is a great idea - get another company (Malibu) do build the thing, and slap your logo and bits a pieces all over it. There's already one guy on our board who's pretty keen. I think they'd do 20 orders easy. :)
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 22:46   #9 (permalink)
Evil Holden Overlord

Oh, and other car makes have been doing moutain bikes for some time (Porsche being the one that stands out) ...
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 23:20   #10 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

It's a bit like Ford with the Harley Davidson F100 (i think) in the united states....

It is a good idea from HSV i think
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub