What other products would we all like to see come out of FPV? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2002, 07:50   #1 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

What other products would we all like to see come out of FPV?

I am sure it will happen in the Future as David Flint said FPV wont be all about V8's (or soemthing like that). GT, GT-P and pursuit Ute are great starters but I would love to see the following...

FPV Focus: Turbocharged enigne biult here in Oz as a much cheaper more viable option to imporeting the Focus RS. Maybe even the best performance Focus ever?

FPV Turbo Falcon: XR6T is great, but I am usre there is so much more potential with the engine, whcih also would open the door to an even more wild Turbocharged version of it to come out with an FPV badge. Perhaps with about 280kw/500nm on about 10psi boost.

FPV Mustang(?): Not sure if the mustang will even be sold here anymore, or if it would wear an FPV badge, but would be great to see the 2003 version with it's supercharged engine to finally top off a worth while venture for Ford Australia.

GT40: Same deal I guess. I wouldn't care if it's FPV or not, just any excuse to get it into Australia.

GTHO: As mentioned above, GT and GT-P are great, but Ford really needs a hero car, a hero Falcon to finally top off an allready top range of high performance sedans. Whether it has a supercharged variant of the GT40 egnine, or a stroked version of the 5.4L, it has to be about 330-350kw or MORE, and be just about the fastest production 4 door in the world.

But that's just me. What would the rest of you like to see?
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2002, 08:42   #2 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

FPV HOey
FPV Focus
FPV Turbo (9 Psi beast)
FPV Puma import (just for me)
Old 09-06-2002, 15:18   #3 (permalink)
Ford Member

A GTHO is a must at the top end. Unlike GT and GTP though should only be seriously considred as very ltd numbers although it should show in every model. I wont be suprised if GT and GTP show up with 300-320kw so HO would be awesome with 350kw and over. Ford employees you cant start a performance car scare with 50 HOs at a price that only buisiness men can afford.

A model in at about 60k. {highly crucial to take HSV sales}. This car is a must.

A hot Turbo slotted in between XR8 and entry V8 FPV car. Whilst im one of the biggest fans for body kits and huge wings {and meaner is better} on T Series and GTs etc i dont know about them on a six. Id like a hot engine{280?},19s and brakes with Predator or Sprint badges. How tuff does Predator sound? Basically just pushing the XR concept to much higer levels. I would consider this car {along with just about every other hot Barra model:s5}.

A Focus Turbo.
DR XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 16:42   #4 (permalink)
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!

I'ld DEFINATELY LOVE to see......

FPV FAIRLANE... Worked Off its T!Ts Long wheel base Monster!
and yes... FPV focus and FPV falcon 6 turbo Monster.

FPV econoVan... nar kidding! lol

ALSO..... a HUGE range of FPV merchandise.. boxers/jackets/shirts/hats. everything!! I'll be first in line for a jacket!
Old 09-06-2002, 18:07   #5 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

FPV Focus
FPV Turbo 6
FPV R7
FPV Fiesta
FPV Supercharged AWD GTHO

Crikey.. I'll need a bigger Garage if they all come out!
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 18:21   #6 (permalink)
Code Monkey

serious they if they are gonna produce a GTHO then it should only make like 50 odd only for racing purposes, that would mean that the do-gooders have no ammunation for road safety bullshit.

but has other have said would love to see a striking hot Focus, i mean we missed out on the Sierra in the 80's

EDIT: HEAPS OF MERCANDISE!!, have also heard from my brother who works at a holden dealership that a hot version os the astra is coming with 140kw
Old 09-06-2002, 20:15   #7 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Quote:
Originally posted by FM
FPV Focus
FPV Turbo 6
FPV R7
FPV Fiesta

Crikey.. I'll need a bigger Garage if they all come out!
Dunno about Fiesta, but R7 would be great. Maybe even show up a few porsche cayenne (or however you spell it).

Supercharged AWD GTHO? Hmm shying away from it's traditional RWD N/A V8, but if it's AWD with a similar or same engine as the 373kw/677nm engine from the GT40 then I won't be whinging at all.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 20:33   #8 (permalink)
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks

Any new GT40's would be private imports as per other exotica (i.e. XJ220, F50, Enzo etc)????
HP Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 23:54   #9 (permalink)
Ford Member

Quote:
[i]B]
[/B]
Mmm And you used to tell everyone GTHO must never be blown for tradition if it came back. Do you know something i dont?
DR XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 00:15   #10 (permalink)
The Third Power

i wonder what the mustang will carry over 8 sales this month 75 YTD 2003 model is obviously a go getter
strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub