What serious car accidents have you survived? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2001, 21:24   #1 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

What serious car accidents have you survived?

Me.

First was as an 18 year old rear seat passenger in FJ Holden that was written off when driver, who was the only one in the car who was dead sober, somehow lost control on a straight stretch of country highway around 100kph and end over ended it. Broke most of the dozen bottles of cold beer I had just bought. While I was regaining consciousness I heard one of the other blokes say "We'd better get EA S out, He looks pretty crook." The driver, who had nothing to fear anyway, said "No, get rid of the beer before the cops come." So they both ignore me and piss off into a paddock to ditch the grog. Bastards wouldn't get me one or tell me where it was when I came to, either. No serious injuries.

Second was when I was 20, stupid, and half-pissed about 3 a.m. and went to sleep at wheel on country trip to my girlfriend's (now wife) after an hour or so without seeing another car on the road. Hit bluestone culvert in Mini 850 on wrong side of road. Pushed right front wheel through floor and neatly folded foor over accelerator pedal to kick panel. Impact must have pushed my foot out of way. Car then rolled. No serious injuries.

Third was when I in early 30's, dead sober, no longer particularly stupid, when mechanical malfunction resulted in rear wheel(s) on fairly new Gemini locking on wet extra slippery patch on bend and diverting car into oncoming traffic. Hit on left front by first car and turned round and rear-ended by car following him. Neither of the other drivers saw me until I had nearly hit them and neither braked much from about 60kph before impact. My car very thoroughly written off, also one Valiant beyond economic repair and big dollars on the BMW that hit me (or I hit) first. No serious injuries to anyone.

The first and second were wholly avoidable and pure driver error, but the third wasn't.

I'm bloody grateful nobody else got seriously hurt in the ones where I was driving, but the potential was there.
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2001, 21:45   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Having our front end of our car ripped off by a passing sheep truck. The bloody thing was pushing us closer to the edge of a fairly steep embankment at the time too.. It took a damn good wedge to get me out of the bloody car. I was frozen solid!
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 21:56   #3 (permalink)

It seems most of the accidents Ive been in (3, two of which were not my fault) Ive been at near standstills. Nothing in my Probe, so I hope that continues.
Old 11-27-2001, 17:23   #4 (permalink)
Multi Car Owner

Check out the wreck my wife was in, http://www.4adrive.com/~9c1/9c1mine.htm

It is the 1991 Caprice she was in.
Marqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 17:50   #5 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Marqman
Check out the wreck my wife was in, http://www.4adrive.com/~9c1/9c1mine.htm

It is the 1991 Caprice she was in.
Fark!

That is a BIG hit.

Sorry she was hurt, but in the circumstances she got out very lightly and I'm glad she's well now. There's been plenty of fatalaties and catastrophic injuries with a lot less damage than that.
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 18:54   #6 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

I've been in three wrecks. Two rear-ends, and someone pulling out of their driveway without looking behind them, I slid on ice right into him. All 3 were the other people's fault..

I didnt survive the last one.

1989 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II 13B-T "FC3S"
Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Vulcan Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 21:37   #7 (permalink)

Been in two but none were serious thanking the man upstairs and touch wood. (head)
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 23:00   #8 (permalink)
Mod/SCPOC/Probe LX Member

i rolled my 94 explorer down the freeway after i blew a tire (brakes locked up on me)

i remember at least 3 rolls and not wearing my seatbelt saved my life. the roof was crunched to the steering wheel and the top of the drivers seat was crushed. i managed to not hit another car though luckilly.

i loved that explorer though... had every option, and was in awesome shape... wish id had full coverage.
Caliguy143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 05:05   #9 (permalink)
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks

Quote:
Originally posted by Vulcan Power
I've been in three wrecks. Two rear-ends, and someone pulling out of their driveway without looking behind them, I slid on ice right into him. All 3 were the other people's fault..

I didnt survive the last one.

Oh shit! You actually freaked me out for a second there!
HP Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 05:33   #10 (permalink)
RACE

I've had a couple but the most serious was Sept 12 2000.
I was driving down a straight road in Sydney's western suburbs (the road was damp from a light shower earlier), I noticed a Nissan 200SX pull out of a street on my left about 200m ahead. He turned into the opposite direction to which I was traveling (without stopping at the stop sign on the street he came out of). As he turned the rear end of the Nissan gave way and he then lost control and slid onto my side of the road, we then hit head on.
Both cars were written off. The rear left door of my car (Toyota Corolla) came out of its hinge. I came out of it ok, just a fractured thumb and bruised knee. I hit the brakes at 60km\h, I don't know how fast he was going.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub